Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K5 iis - Compatibility issue with Yongnuo 560 or hotshoe issue?

Recently I purchased 2 Yongnuo 560s and some triggers off the marketplace as a starter flash kit. Everything seemed to work fine in isolation - the flashes both work normally and fire remotely when connected to the trigger system (aputure trigmaster). As soon as I try to put one of the flashes on my K5IIs directly mounted on the hotshoe, however, nothing works. With one of the flashes, it will fire once and then the flash locks up. None of the buttons on the flash work until I remove it from the hotshoe. The other flash, which worked before, no longer works at all now. It will turn on normally, but then as soon as it is connected to anything (triggers or k5), it turns itself off. Considering the fact that both flashes worked fine with the triggers before I connected them to my k5 iis, I can't help but wonder if something is wrong with my hotshoe. I've taken my camera out before in rain with no hotshoe cover.. could weather be the culprit? Nothing else on my camera is abnormal. Have any of you run into similar issues with the K5 IIs and Yongnuo 560?

10-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Solution : mounted YN-560 flash problem
10-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ahh, thanks, I had seen this thread before a while ago (before I owned the YN560, incidentally) and couldn't find it again.