Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
I would like to do that, even if not getting paid. How does one do that?
It's not hard for me since I'm retired and active (although not as much as I used to be) in several community groups (neighborhood, friends of the park, watershed association). As examples, I've done a slideshow of houses for the neighborhood & the cover photo for a trail brochure and shot events for promotional displays &/or documentation for funders. I'll also be producing appropriate posters some of these organizations. Also, my photos of sporting and other events at my daughter's school have appeared in the school paper and yearbook (proving that I can compete with teenagers) as well as the school's website and promotional materials. I like doing this stuff because it introduces an element of discipline to my photography and allows me to take myself seriously as a photographer (which helps pull me through the "I'm producing crap!" episodes.) Make no mistake, though, this takes real work and a lot of time and I really respect the folks who do this with integrity for a living.

10-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Well shortcomings are there to concur and they give you skills that lazy photographers with better equipement will never experience.
10-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
Col
Veteran Member

A hen's tooth are you...