Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was using a screw mount SMC 55mm f1.8 lens for these particular shots so I was pressing the green button to set metering. I have also had the problem using K mount A* lenses. It is pretty rare but it does happen once in awhile. Firmware is the latest version. I had it happen on my K5 a few times too.

10-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I was using a screw mount SMC 55mm f1.8 lens for these particular shots so I was pressing the green button to set metering. I have also had the problem using K mount A* lenses. It is pretty rare but it does happen once in awhile. Firmware is the latest version. I had it happen on my K5 a few times too.
Maye try Digitalis' suggestion and set a fixed colour temperature and see if the problem goes away? Do you shoot RAW - and if so can you check whether the raw data shows any difference?
10-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Interesting that you have it set as low as 5000K. Isn't that a bit low for normal daylight?
I'm shooting RAW DNG - I use a fixed white balance of 5000K as a point of reference on all my cameras. you're right : It is set a bit low for daylight - but I prefer the extra warmth it provides and It is simpler with my particular workflow to leave it at 5000K - rather than having the WB settings change from shot to shot, that is just unprofessional and messy IMO.
10-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'm shooting RAW DNG - I use a fixed white balance of 5000K as a point of reference on all my cameras. you're right : It is set a bit low for daylight - but I prefer the extra warmth it provides and It is simpler with my particular workflow to leave it at 5000K - rather than having the WB settings change from shot to shot, that is just unprofessional and messy IMO.
Fair enough. I was just curious.