Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We'll add me to the list, mine should be here today...

JJ

04-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #17
Pentaxian

got mine a week ago.. Today I got the D-BG4 battery grip in... Man this sucker is cool with that...Heavy too.
04-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Your going to love it. I got the K-5 II not the s but thinking I might pick up the body later on. I love the way mine handles and where the controls are placed.
04-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congrats on new camera

Congratulations on getting this great camera. I love mine too, and it was a great bargain at only $649 U.S. on discontuance sale. The camera is so good in terms of image quality, low noise, and handling characteristics that I find myself increasingly passing over the K-01, K-7, and K-20.

05-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #20
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
At least you guys can get it brand new. Here in Singapore, we can only get it 2nd hand.
Why is it that you can only get one second hand?

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
We'll add me to the list, mine should be here today...

JJ
Congratulations Jerry!

Since I got mine the K10 hasn't been touched. I'm trying to get Mrs. Racer to take it to replace here Optio W30. She had the Optio out on a recent trip with one of her sisters, and although some of the photos were nice, she ran into some troubles that would have been easily avoided with the K10.

*sigh*

But she seems to be intimidated by all the buttons, dials and menu options on the K10.

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
got mine a week ago.. Today I got the D-BG4 battery grip in... Man this sucker is cool with that...Heavy too.
Congratulations!

I got the battery grip for my K10, and came to like it very much in terms of handling the camera. Of course the extra battery, and storing the wireless remote and an extra memory card were also nice.

When I picked up the K5IIs I grabbed the grip for it too. My only disappointment was the absence of a place to store the wireless remote. One huge plus is the bottom of the grip is wider from front to back than the grip for the K10. This makes it easier to handle, and the camera will sit flat with longer lenses that the one with the K10.

So the extra weight doesn't cause an issue for me.

Another plus of the battery grip is that uninformed people who cannot tell a Canon from a Nikon from a Pentax see the camera with the grip and always say, "Wow! Nice camera!", and often ask, "Are you a professional?"

I simply smile and thank them for the compliment.
05-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Congratulations Jerry!

Since I got mine the K10 hasn't been touched. I'm trying to get Mrs. Racer to take it to replace here Optio W30. She had the Optio out on a recent trip with one of her sisters, and although some of the photos were nice, she ran into some troubles that would have been easily avoided with the K10.

*sigh*

But she seems to be intimidated by all the buttons, dials and menu options on the K10.

Congratulations!

I got the battery grip for my K10, and came to like it very much in terms of handling the camera. Of course the extra battery, and storing the wireless remote and an extra memory card were also nice.

When I picked up the K5IIs I grabbed the grip for it too. My only disappointment was the absence of a place to store the wireless remote. One huge plus is the bottom of the grip is wider from front to back than the grip for the K10. This makes it easier to handle, and the camera will sit flat with longer lenses that the one with the K10.

So the extra weight doesn't cause an issue for me.

Another plus of the battery grip is that uninformed people who cannot tell a Canon from a Nikon from a Pentax see the camera with the grip and always say, "Wow! Nice camera!", and often ask, "Are you a professional?"

I simply smile and thank them for the compliment.
I agree that the 5II is a great camera, and leaves everything from the past in the dust . . . and yet, you may find yourself going back to the K-10 for the rendering of that processor that nothing else quite matches.
05-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
It's because our market is small as compared to USA/Europe. Only new bodies are Q7, K50, K500 and K3 Black and Silver.

Then my friend "hijacked" the K5IIs from me. I just managed to get a great condition 2nd hand K3 Silver from another friend who switched to the Nikon D800e and at a great price too.

Last edited by felixkh; 05-25-2014 at 09:48 PM.
05-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #23

To the OP

The price in the U.S. Around $700 = £411 ( probably pre tax so add 20% for VAT = £493 ) I`d buy one tomorrow

Aus $ 1049 = £577. I`d buy one the day after tomorrow

The best non grey price in the UK = £679.
Most are £700 ( $1190 U.S. ). K5 ii is generally £599
I`ll keep my money in my pocket.
I`m sick and tired of being ripped off in this shoddy country to subsidise the better prices in the rest of the world.

Limpet