Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K-5 focus issue with Tamron 18-250

Hi
I am using the K-5 and the Tamron 18-250 for the last 2 years now. last week the focus switch on the K-5 body was moved to continuous by mistake. when switched back to AF.S - the camera "refused" to focus when the zoom setting was above ~ 100mm. it is just moving from near to far with no focus locked. when moving to wider view it locks - no matter what the light conditions are. I switched the lens to macro lens I have Tamron 90mm and got an instant lock on the focus. battery out and in... lens out and in... switched to C and AF.S again - still nothing same thing - no focus in high zoom. even when going to manual focus - the camera doesn't indicate on the focus with its internal light or beep.
any Idea ?

12-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ofer Hadas Quote
Hi
I am using the K-5 and the Tamron 18-250 for the last 2 years now. last week the focus switch on the K-5 body was moved to continuous by mistake. when switched back to AF.S - the camera "refused" to focus when the zoom setting was above ~ 100mm. it is just moving from near to far with no focus locked. when moving to wider view it locks - no matter what the light conditions are. I switched the lens to macro lens I have Tamron 90mm and got an instant lock on the focus. battery out and in... lens out and in... switched to C and AF.S again - still nothing same thing - no focus in high zoom. even when going to manual focus - the camera doesn't indicate on the focus with its internal light or beep.
any Idea ?
I've seen something similar happen with the 18-135mm when the lens way out of focus. What happens if you manually turn the focusing ring close to the correct setting, and then try the AF?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Tried that now with on change - the lens "speeds" into the focus point the red square that indicate on the focus point is on but the lens keeps on moving to end of range and then change to min range and again to max. its in and out and everytime the focus red square flashes but doesn't stop. it stop out of focus with no option to take the shot. .
I took out my old Pentax 28-200 lens and it is focusing at every zoom point..

Last edited by Ofer Hadas; 12-01-2013 at 11:46 AM.