Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ajusting focusing in live view

Hello all,
I haven't found anything on this on this forum or in the K5/K5IIs manuals.
I remember reading some time ago on the possibility of checking focus in live view - checking the quality of the focus and tweaking it manually by expanding the view to X8 or X16 (as I do normally on image playback, but after the fact) before taking the picture. I know other cameras can do that but I don't seem to be able to do this on mine...!
Anybody out there with the answer or maybe K5s can't do that?

12-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You can blow up the image by pressing the info button, I believe. If not the info button then the ok button.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

adam you are correct..it is the info button
12-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is info, yes. Just fyi, if you're using an HDMI out to a field monitor it's limited to x10 (just wanted to point this out as I was doing it the other day)

12-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
I was just about to ask a related question when I saw this post. My 16-50 focused slow and deliberate on my k7, but I'm shocked at the live view speed on my k5iis. It's too fast. I rarely use live view but tried focusing on live view for the first time today and it's so fast I can't visually confirm it's right. It magnifies, beeps and returns to normal view in less than half a second even when I fully defocus either direction. I played with a Nikon d7000 at a local store and the k5iis is faster. Don't remember the lens it had on it, could've been a kit. Pentax has really improved. Is there a way to keep the zoomed display longer to confirm focus is good?
12-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
It is info, yes. Just fyi, if you're using an HDMI out to a field monitor it's limited to x10 (just wanted to point this out as I was doing it the other day)
Hooray, laddies! Thanks a lots and works great: every time you press "info" the expanded view increases to maximum X6 and you can refine focus manually... Now I can refine my moon shots with that mirror lens a friend lent me.
12-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
Hooray, laddies! Thanks a lots and works great: every time you press "info" the expanded view increases to maximum X6 and you can refine focus manually... Now I can refine my moon shots with that mirror lens a friend lent me.
You can get even more expansion if you switch to manual focus.
12-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
Why are you having to use liveview for shots of the Moon? All you should have to do is set the lens to infinity focus.

12-11-2013, 02:26 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
Why are you having to use liveview for shots of the Moon? All you should have to do is set the lens to infinity focus.
Infinity with mirror lenses does drift with temperature etc.
12-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
Oh, I did not know that.
12-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
In fact, practically every lens I've ever used (Pentax and Canon) don't have infinity at infinity!!