Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 and Galaxy

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

WOW...Just received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for Christmas and Love it.
Hoping I might get some suggestions for ways to use it with my K-5, apps and hopefully connectivity, control, view camera screen etc.

Cheers

12-24-2013, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I don't think there's any wireless tethering support, but you can certainly link things up with an eye-fi or other wi-fi card in the camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-24-2013, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I use snapseed for pic editing with tablet and do like it much.
12-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I don't think there's any wireless tethering support, but you can certainly link things up with an eye-fi or other wi-fi card in the camera.
Thanks Adam.
So I checked ebay. Is this a genuine item and not a cheap knockoff ?

EYE FI 8GB Secure Digital Class 10 WI FI SDHC Wireless SD HC Mobi Memory Card | eBay

12-24-2013, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup that looks like it would certainly work!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-25-2013, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
So I checked ebay. Is this a genuine item and not a cheap knockoff ?

EYE FI 8GB Secure Digital Class 10 WI FI SDHC Wireless SD HC Mobi Memory Card | eBay
Watch it! the mobi version only works with tablets or smartphones.. Have in mind if you want to use it with a desktop or notebook later...
12-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
Watch it! the mobi version only works with tablets or smartphones.. Have in mind if you want to use it with a desktop or notebook later...
Really ???.....That's confusing.
I mean the idea is to put this card in the K-5 and transmit directly to any of my devices with wifi, eg my desktop, laptop or the Galaxy tab. Desktop and laptop are Win 7 and of course the Galaxy is Android.
Galaxy or laptop in the field or desktop at home.

12-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Hi

Snapseed is a must have. Rest are adwares.

I am not sure if this video will help.

Cheers!
01-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I too have a new Samsung Tab 3, I just love this thing, got a good deal on it at Frys, they say it is not the greatest tablet but so far after two months of owning it, i have absolutely no complaints, this thing is awesome. I too am interested in a good PP app....gonna check out Snapspeed.
I would also be interested in a way to wirelessly send images tommy Tab 3