Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I need some ideas....

Once again I turn the mind power of the Forums. I have a new K-5II that I want to do some night sky (notably star trails) photography. The camera allows me to set the shutter to a max of 30 seconds. Now, I know that I can use the remote release for any length of time I want (1 minute 15 seconds, 5 minutes, etc). Here's the problem I need your help with. I have significant hearing loss and can't hear a timer so my exposures are inconsistent when more than 30 seconds. Is there a device I can connect to the camera to select how long the shutter consistently will remain open? Thanks!

01-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
Once again I turn the mind power of the Forums. I have a new K-5II that I want to do some night sky (notably star trails) photography. The camera allows me to set the shutter to a max of 30 seconds. Now, I know that I can use the remote release for any length of time I want (1 minute 15 seconds, 5 minutes, etc). Here's the problem I need your help with. I have significant hearing loss and can't hear a timer so my exposures are inconsistent when more than 30 seconds. Is there a device I can connect to the camera to select how long the shutter consistently will remain open? Thanks!
search ebay for pentax timer remote or get this at b&h
Vello Shutterboss Version II Timer Remote Switch RC-C1II B&H
01-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you a mobile phone? There are any number of timers apps you can use so you can watch the time count down