Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2014, 03:33 AM   #1

Contacting Pentax about Video Firmware Update for K5/K5 IIs

Hey guys, I'm getting into amateur filmmaking and I'm finding the lack of manual video options on my K5 IIs very restricting. From reading comments from other people about this, it seems like this is a common frustration.

I just wanted to point you guys to Ricoh Imaging Support. I sent them a friendly email about adding more framerates and manual options to the video mode (ISO, shutter speed etc.) and I suggest you guys do the same.

There's no reason they couldn't push out a firmware update that enables these things as I've seen it done by Canon and Nikon many times.

01-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want more framerate / manual options, get a K-3 I don't think Pentax is going to release any more feature-enhancing updates for the K-5 now that it's been replaced by a newer model.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to Pentax Forums, and thanks for the link.

Adam is probably right, but I wonder how many people here who complained about the video on the K-5 did the same as you.