Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Looking for a 2nd body

Have a k5, upgraded from a k7. With the release of the k3 the k5 & k5II prices are coming down. So I'm looking to pick up a second body. I'm just not sure for me if there is enough difference between the k5 & k5II to bother with a k5II. Now keep in mind I usually pick up the flagship model on its way out that's when I got my k5, prices dropped significantly a couple months prior to k5II release. So chances are good I'll pick up a k3 in about a year and a half. So I guess I'm asking k5 or k5II/s for second body...

JJ

01-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would go for the IIs it has an improved AF no AA filter and it is an upgrade from your k5 in a way enough that makes it worth more than the original
01-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lguckert79 Quote
I would go for the IIs it has an improved AF no AA filter and it is an upgrade from your k5 in a way enough that makes it worth more than the original
So did I.
I contemplated the K3, but took the K5IIs, because ISO and DR are the same for both and I like it to have the buttons at the same place on both bodies.
01-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless you are attached to an optical viewfinder, get a K-01 body. They were selling for a couple of hundred bucks when last I looked. The K-01 is a great camera body!

01-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
So did I.
I contemplated the K3, but took the K5IIs, because ISO and DR are the same for both and I like it to have the buttons at the same place on both bodies.
Plus it gives some longevity on my accessories lol....

JJ