Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There's no shortage of reasons why people don't get along with one another…mis-communication being up the top of the list. It doesn't help to say others are wrong, more than it does to always have to be right. If Racer X has never heard of, nor cares about x, y or z religion, then lucky for him.

Question was: should he be able to buy the camera at the advertised price or not?

02-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Ok gotcha. Yep. It's 2014 and most of us have been living under a rock when it comes to the last decade of "in-your-face-religious-conflict" around the world.

This internet thing - and Pentax Forums - is the only place on the web anyone ever goes.

Ok, I get it. "I didn't know because of how I was brought up".

<sigh>

What about the last line?

"If people who practice other faiths wish to follow their faith that closely, and expect people who practice other faiths to respect that, then they are obliged to reciprocate."

And how exactly are the folks at B&H supposed to do that, open on Saturday so you can shop there because it's respecting *your* faith?

Or.

How does B&H being closed on Saturday have anything to do with your faith or respect of it?
Lauren, you clearly want to make this something that it is not, and no amount of posting back and forth will change how you feel.
02-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
There's no shortage of reasons why people don't get along with one anotherůmis-communication being up the top of the list. It doesn't help to say others are wrong, more than it does to always have to be right. If Racer X has never heard of, nor cares about x, y or z religion, then lucky for him.
I've heard about many faiths, but this thread was not intended to be about faith, nor were any of my comments meant to be derogatory.

QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
Question was: should he be able to buy the camera at the advertised price or not?
Exactly!
02-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Lauren, you clearly want to make this something that it is not, and no amount of posting back and forth will change how you feel.
No I don't, and I feel nothing.
As an "outside observer" to religion I see what I see.

When you go to the Mosque and pray to Allah, don't you think those in a church might be offended if you called their Church a Mosque?

Every few months, someone takes a dig at B&H over their Sabbath practices.
I have seen it enough times, and each time that I see it, I call it out.

Face it, you are busted and you're doing what you can to wriggle out of your slight dig at B&H.

I've seen it before, and you won't be the last.

02-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #35

Original Poster
If you feel nothing you sure have a lot to say about that nothing.

Everyone has their own unique perspective.

When you go to the Mosque and pray to Allah, don't you think those in a church might be offended if you called their Church a Mosque?
I don't go to a Mosque.

As I said, I made no dig.

Scrappy girl, aren't you?

Face it, you are busted and you're doing what you can to wriggle out of your slight dig at B&H.
I'm only expressing my frustration about a business transaction that did not go well.

Suit yourself, based on what you have said here you feel the need to read things into something that do not exist and then call people names.

You have completely derailed this thread. Happy now?
02-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am totally cool with B&H and anyone else closing on the Sabbath or any holy day for rest and reflection. It's their prerogative.

I agree that B&H should have done more to honour the price given the difficulties the OP had had, but I also agree with Lauren and also find the tone of the OP's posts almost wilfully intolerant and uninformed about the reasons for B&H's closure on Saturdays.
02-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #37
Site Supporter

I appreciate the frustration that the OP felt. I take his word for it that the website at the time he checked did not show anything about why he couldn't make the transaction. I am also glad that the OP is open to learning about what he clearly does not know. In that light, a "church" is almost always a reference to a Christian place of worship. A Buddhist temple, an Islamic mosque, a Jewish temple or synagogue, and other terms for other non-Christian religious places of worship...all are not churches. Lauren is disturbed because you would have to be out of touch with the world (news, movies, TV, books, etc) not to know (or care) that "church" is a Christian-loaded term. That said, if the OP has been living under a rock, it's time to come out. Now you know the standard reference of "church". Put your knowledge to use from here on out.
02-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #38

Original Poster
Seeing as how this has deteriorated into a call Racer an anti-Semite thread:

Until this came up I had no clue that anyone besides the Seventh Day Adventists went to their version of church on Saturday. Nor did I care.

I live and work in a 24-7 world.

And I never said that I did not respect B&H's practice of observing the religious practices of their employees.

02-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #39
Forum Member

I'm a little confused by the conclusion of "borderline anti-semitism". It seems like you're amping up controversy where it wasn't really there. Dig or no dig, it's a pretty big leap.
02-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #40

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PANGU_yien Quote
I'm a little confused by the conclusion of "borderline anti-semitism". It seems like you're amping up controversy where it wasn't really there. Dig or no dig, it's a pretty big leap.
Thank you!
02-03-2014, 08:12 PM - 2 Likes   #41
Ole
Administrator

This thread as gone way off topic, arguments are being repeated and repeated and repeated. Thread closed.

The purchase of the K-5IIs had a happy ending as reported here.
Closed Thread