Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got the Pentax grip for my K5. Like the one for the K10 the OEM piece is well made. My thoughts are why chimp out on this sort of thing, it isn't that much more up front, and in the long run and you get a much better quality component.

Things I have noticed that are different from the K10 to the K5 grip are the K5 grip has a much wider base front to back, so the camera should be more stable with a longer lens mounted, and the K5 grip does have a place for the Remote F SD card, but I don't see a place for the SD card Remote F like the K10 grip has.

The added tray for AA batteries is a nice touch, but the original batteries last so long that I doubt I will ever use it.

{Edit: I looked again this morning and the K5 grip has a place for the memory card, not the remote as I had said last evening.}

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-20-2014 at 08:03 AM.
02-20-2014, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a bummer. I quite like having the remote in there. I suppose somebody thought the Remote F is so small you can put it anywhere, but the problem is that it IS so small you can put it anywhere and never find it again. (My middle initial is "K" - for Klutz)
02-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
That's a bummer. I quite like having the remote in there. I suppose somebody thought the Remote F is so small you can put it anywhere, but the problem is that it IS so small you can put it anywhere and never find it again. (My middle initial is "K" - for Klutz)
I'm with ya all the way.

I even toyed with the idea of using some epoxy and sticking a lanyard to the remote. But then it would not fit in the storage slot in the grip on the K10.

*sigh!*