Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My apologies. It apparently didn't come across the way I intended. I'm quite certain, however, that your reply came across exactly as you intended. While I take some time to consider how I may refine the actual wording of my posts to avoid such misunderstanding in the future, I strongly suggest that you take some as well to consider both the content and tone of your posts.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-13-2014 at 12:18 PM.
02-13-2014, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, Parallax! You and your flippy attitude!
But what he said is completely true. The amount of adjustment needed depends on the specific individual lens and camera that you have. If you have two K-5 cameras, the same lens might require different adjustment on each body. Or no adjustment at all.
If you bought your camera bundled with a lens, you might still need adjustment.
Many camera repair stores allow the service of adjusting lenses to your camera. I think most pro photographers send off all their cameras and lenses to a service centre for them to calibrate it all together. And they do this every couple of years. For us amateurs, most lenses will focus well enough from the box. And using a focus chart to calibrate focus can improve it, if you are noticing problems.

Oh and just to get back to the "flippy" thing - Parallax is a good guy, and pretty much all posters here try to be helpful. We dont have any hateful intentions and we do not get any pleasure from being mean. But text can be read in many different tones. Its best to assume the intended tone is always helpful, playful, and nice.
02-13-2014, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Yeah, Parallax! You and your flippy attitude!
But what he said is completely true. The amount of adjustment needed depends on the specific individual lens and camera that you have. If you have two K-5 cameras, the same lens might require different adjustment on each body. Or no adjustment at all.
If you bought your camera bundled with a lens, you might still need adjustment.
Many camera repair stores allow the service of adjusting lenses to your camera. I think most pro photographers send off all their cameras and lenses to a service centre for them to calibrate it all together. And they do this every couple of years. For us amateurs, most lenses will focus well enough from the box. And using a focus chart to calibrate focus can improve it, if you are noticing problems.

Oh and just to get back to the "flippy" thing - Parallax is a good guy, and pretty much all posters here try to be helpful. We dont have any hateful intentions and we do not get any pleasure from being mean. But text can be read in many different tones. Its best to assume the intended tone is always helpful, playful, and nice.
Parallax is pretty darn awesome. @colorful64 Dont get on the defensive immediately, just ask what he may have meant by saying that, this is a forum and sometimes it can be quite hard to convey intent, context, and emotion through a keyboard. We are all here to help each other and have fun