Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think I do see noise at 1600 but it's not too bad. According to the data I've seen the K-5 sensor goes about double the K20D as far as noise-free performance goes (K20D goes a bit above 500, K-5 and similar go around 1100, more or less depending on the model and how the test was done...). So what we are seeing at 1600 is about what I get at 800 - that sounds about right. The K-5 still sounds like a worthwhile upgrade as I'd get a bit over an extra step in ISO compared to the K20D.

02-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxian_tmb Quote
I "think" I figured out catch in focusing with an old manual focus lens.

1. Turn catch-in focusing on.
2. Select "AF.S" on camera
3. Hold "AF Button" and depress shutter release. (assuming you have assigned the "AF" button to autofocus)
4 Focus with manual focus ring
5. Shutter fires when subject is in focus.

Still can't figure out how to do it with a DA lens.

Nope--Still doesn't work with my old Super Takumar M42. When I used the Sears KA mount yesterday, I didn't have to bother with the AF button. Otherwise it worked just as you described. Still haven't tried the foil technique--a bit nervous about shorting out contacts deliberately. My guess is the difference between the KA and the adapted M42 is that actuating arm that protrudes from the back of the KA.