Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #16
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,361
Happy days, we wont get any sense out of you for the next few days at least.

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2014 at 07:42 PM ----------

Happy days for you, we are sure not to get any sense out of you for the next few days, while you play with your new toy.

02-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #17
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,888
Is it too early to order the K-3GTI??

Not that I'm envious or anything
02-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #18
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,463
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Happy days, we wont get any sense out of you for the next few days at least.

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2014 at 07:42 PM ----------

Happy days for you, we are sure not to get any sense out of you for the next few days, while you play with your new toy.
Like you got anything that made any sense out of me before?




QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Is it too early to order the K-3GTI??

Not that I'm envious or anything
K-3GTI?

Is that a new model?

Made by Volkswagen in conjunction with Pentax?
02-20-2014, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 463
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Battery protectors? Do tell.
Both of my K20 batteries came with a plastic terminal protector.

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Used? How is it holding up?
K5 is scheduled for replacement with the first full frame Pentax as soon as the second full frame Pentax goes on sale.

02-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #20
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,463
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
Both of my K20 batteries came with a plastic terminal protector.
I see. Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
K5 is scheduled for replacement with the first full frame Pentax as soon as the second full frame Pentax goes on sale.
Just don't sell out for a K3! You know about hociR, right?
02-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #21
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,888
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Happy days for you, we are sure not to get any sense out of you for the next few days, while you play with your new toy.
You of all people... Would it help with some malt juice?

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Like you got anything that made any sense out of me before?
You aren't all that different, the two of you...!

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
K-3GTI?

Is that a new model?

Made by Volkswagen in conjunction with Pentax?
I've changed my mind. I want the K-3V8.

Oh yeah
02-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #22
Pentaxian
jtkratzer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lancaster County, Pa
Posts: 786
I'm a K-3TDI guy myself. Diesel all the way.
02-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #23
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,463
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I've changed my mind. I want the K-3V8.

Oh yeah
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
I'm a K-3TDI guy myself. Diesel all the way.
True Motorheads I see.

Nice.

I feel like I am among friends!

02-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #24
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
Enjoy learning the new camera! I am a huge fan of the K-5IIs - enough to honestly say that I have no urge to upgrade to the K-3. Even though I only upgraded from the K-5, the AF decisiveness and accuracy alone was a huge difference. And since I am a stickler for super sharp images, the lack of AA filter is just awesome!

And a comment about B&H - I've always been so disconcerted when receiving a lens from the big 3 vendors over the years - so poorly packaged. Most of the time the camera or lens box was loose slopping around inside the shipping carton. When I received my latest purchase from B&H from one of the Black Friday deals (DA*300), I was so happy to see that industrial type bubble wrap stuffed tightly in the box. I see a glimpse of that packaging in one of your shots. This alone has swayed me to send more of my business to B&H along with their usual great customer service.

And in case you didn't know - here is a link for the manual in .pdf form. I like to reference the manual on my computer a lot of times - very handy. The manual listed for the K-5II also includes the K-5IIs.

Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
02-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #25
Pentaxian
jtkratzer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lancaster County, Pa
Posts: 786
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Enjoy learning the new camera! I am a huge fan of the K-5IIs - enough to honestly say that I have no urge to upgrade to the K-3. Even though I only upgraded from the K-5, the AF decisiveness and accuracy alone was a huge difference. And since I am a stickler for super sharp images, the lack of AA filter is just awesome!

And a comment about B&H - I've always been so disconcerted when receiving a lens from the big 3 vendors over the years - so poorly packaged. Most of the time the camera or lens box was loose slopping around inside the shipping carton. When I received my latest purchase from B&H from one of the Black Friday deals (DA*300), I was so happy to see that industrial type bubble wrap stuffed tightly in the box. I see a glimpse of that packaging in one of your shots. This alone has swayed me to send more of my business to B&H along with their usual great customer service.

And in case you didn't know - here is a link for the manual in .pdf form. I like to reference the manual on my computer a lot of times - very handy. The manual listed for the K-5II also includes the K-5IIs.

Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
Same boat, K-5 to K-5 IIs. Looking forward to the improved autofocus and sharper images. Thanks for the manual link, but as a K-5 shooter, is there anything there that's different? I've heard the interface and menus are the same as are the controls and layout.
02-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #26
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,463
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
And in case you didn't know - here is a link for the manual in .pdf form. I like to reference the manual on my computer a lot of times - very handy. The manual listed for the K-5II also includes the K-5IIs.

Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
Thanks Stan, downloaded it last week!
02-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #27
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
Same boat, K-5 to K-5 IIs. Looking forward to the improved autofocus and sharper images. Thanks for the manual link, but as a K-5 shooter, is there anything there that's different? I've heard the interface and menus are the same as are the controls and layout.
Nothing different as far as controls like you say. I'm not sure if the K-5 had the Expanded Area AF like the IIS does. I've never made a real comparison, but seem to have dug deeper into the IIs custom controls more than I had with my K-5.
02-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #28
Pentaxian
jtkratzer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lancaster County, Pa
Posts: 786
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Nothing different as far as controls like you say. I'm not sure if the K-5 had the Expanded Area AF like the IIS does. I've never made a real comparison, but seem to have dug deeper into the IIs custom controls more than I had with my K-5.
I'll take a look at them tomorrow and compare the menus. As for the expanded AF areas, are you talking about the two far left and right areas outside of the main "bracket" with the square shaped AF points? The K-5 does have those. If the size of the AF points is modifiable, I believe that is a change from the K-5.
02-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #29
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
I'll take a look at them tomorrow and compare the menus. As for the expanded AF areas, are you talking about the two far left and right areas outside of the main "bracket" with the square shaped AF points? The K-5 does have those. If the size of the AF points is modifiable, I believe that is a change from the K-5.
Sorry - I should have explained better. What I meant was the AF tracking which they call Expanded Area Focusing in the manual. It is on page 115 of the .pdf manual - in the camera menu it is on the first page of the menu in the "AF Settings" item. I'm not sure if the K-5 had this as I never looked for it when I had one.

Basically what it does is when you have it set for continuous focusing (AF-C) and multi-point focus points, the focusing will track the subject from one focus point to an adjacent one as the subject moves about in the frame.
02-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #30
Pentaxian
jtkratzer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lancaster County, Pa
Posts: 786
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Sorry - I should have explained better. What I meant was the AF tracking which they call Expanded Area Focusing in the manual. It is on page 115 of the .pdf manual - in the camera menu it is on the first page of the menu in the "AF Settings" item. I'm not sure if the K-5 had this as I never looked for it when I had one.

Basically what it does is when you have it set for continuous focusing (AF-C) and multi-point focus points, the focusing will track the subject from one focus point to an adjacent one as the subject moves about in the frame.
That makes sense. I'll have to check the manual for the size of those focus points as a lot of gripes about the K-5 were that it's focus points are the size of a barn.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, chicago, city, days, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k10, k5, k5iis, kit, pentax, pentax k-5, photography, sense, thread, time, weather
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's a better camera than I thought. Here's why... jon404 Pentax K-01 4 10-15-2013 12:01 AM
Nature Fall-it's too soon, but it's here normhead Post Your Photos! 10 09-15-2013 01:31 PM
It's here!!! misbehave Pentax K-30 & K-50 22 07-23-2012 10:31 PM
Its here! It's here! did you hear it's here! ukwoody Pentax K-5 6 11-24-2011 07:09 AM
It's here! It's here! It finally arrived!! deckroid Pentax DSLR Discussion 25 02-16-2008 04:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top