Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 04:20 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Senior Member
KRaZiGLiTcH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 204
Got My First DSLR and its a K-5 ^_^

Hey guys thanks so for all the help before so i finally got the K-5 18-135mm with the Pentax 50mm 1.8 and they are both amazing lenses and the camera is amazing i'm still getting use to everything but i do know a lot about ISO,Shutter,Aperture etc so im not diving in without knowing anything lol ^_^.

I will make sure to post some of my test shots and other stuff on here too.


Last edited by KRaZiGLiTcH; 02-24-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: More words
02-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member
jerryleejr's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 420
Congrats I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely

JJ
02-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,418
K-5 is a fine camera. Fine enough that I have bought a camera since.
02-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
KRaZiGLiTcH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 204
Original Poster
Yep been having more fun with it ^_^ will post pics soon haha

02-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 8,253
Been there, done that The K-5 was my first DSLR, and is in no immediate danger of being replaced. It's a wonderful camera.

But you're lucky if you can stay happy with the lenses you have. If you start buying more you won't stop...
02-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
KRaZiGLiTcH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 204
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Been there, done that The K-5 was my first DSLR, and is in no immediate danger of being replaced. It's a wonderful camera.

But you're lucky if you can stay happy with the lenses you have. If you start buying more you won't stop...
Yes i already want more lenses haha but the ones i have a really great,Its awesome being able to change the lens when ever i want ^_^
02-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member
peterjcb's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weddington, NC
Posts: 468
The K-5 is a very capable and wonderful camera.....the problem as mentioned above is the craving for lenses.
I've been scouring Ebay and KEH for used lenses & I'm up to 11 now
I think it's time to stop...well I know it's time to stop because I've run out of money...
Enjoy & post some photos!
02-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
KRaZiGLiTcH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 204
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
The K-5 is a very capable and wonderful camera.....the problem as mentioned above is the craving for lenses.
I've been scouring Ebay and KEH for used lenses & I'm up to 11 now
I think it's time to stop...well I know it's time to stop because I've run out of money...
Enjoy & post some photos!
haha yeah i have been looking on ebay for some more lenses lol some are quite cheap which is good and also i posted a pic and more to come in the (No more tests! just pictures) Thread.
Thanks

02-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
AquaDome's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Carlisle, IN
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,464
Congrats and welcome. The 18-135 will serve you very well in almost any circumstance, but zooms only have two settings: not long enough and not wide enough. Don't be surprised when you find yourself wondering what is beyond its focal lengths. Your 50/1.8 is an often-neglected performer as well, though it might get you hooked on primes.
03-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #10
Senior Member
KRaZiGLiTcH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 204
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
Congrats and welcome. The 18-135 will serve you very well in almost any circumstance, but zooms only have two settings: not long enough and not wide enough. Don't be surprised when you find yourself wondering what is beyond its focal lengths. Your 50/1.8 is an often-neglected performer as well, though it might get you hooked on primes.
Yes i am considering more primes lol
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My first dslr, first impressions and in need of a couple of advices carlosodze Pentax K-30 & K-50 6 07-03-2013 07:24 PM
Just got a Yongnuo 560II for my K-5 - Help! garnett Pentax K-5 3 07-10-2012 10:55 PM
First DSLR K-7 on its way mikro Welcomes and Introductions 21 08-20-2010 01:10 AM
Got my first DSLR (K-x) doppio Welcomes and Introductions 4 12-18-2009 12:01 PM
Just got my first DSLR Frakkas Welcomes and Introductions 11 06-29-2007 08:09 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top