Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
My K5 IIS fell down to the ground

Need help guys!

My dslr fell off to the ground after leaving it on my desk didn't knew an earthquake shook it off while i was away. After checking i can't even take a picture and when i hold the shutter all of the autofocus dots appear on the viewfinder.

Also, i can't even go to live view finder mode. But i can still go to the menus and everything it seems like the mirror isn't moving anymore...

I love this slr

04-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery
So sorry, maybe is is only some bad contact... Service?

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 11:54 ----------

Actually my K10D once fell from 10 metres high on the rock, but everything was just fine , only LOCK button was destroyed I was so lucky then, my holiday only started...
04-03-2014, 03:11 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vjacesslav Quote
So sorry, maybe is is only some bad contact... Service?

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 11:54 ----------

Actually my K10D once fell from 10 metres high on the rock, but everything was just fine , only LOCK button was destroyed I was so lucky then, my holiday only started...
I'm gonna check this up to to pentax repair. It seems like it only has a bad contact to the shutter button but my main concern is my dslr doesn't detect all my lens now
04-03-2014, 03:19 AM   #4
Marketplace Reseller

I think they will try it on their lenses in service

04-03-2014, 04:14 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reset to default and if nothing else works send it in for repair
04-03-2014, 04:28 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Repair

QuoteOriginally posted by cj_bio Quote
Need help guys!

My dslr fell off to the ground after leaving it on my desk didn't knew an earthquake shook it off while i was away. After checking i can't even take a picture and when i hold the shutter all of the autofocus dots appear on the viewfinder.

Also, i can't even go to live view finder mode. But i can still go to the menus and everything it seems like the mirror isn't moving anymore...

I love this slr
My K-3 special edition disengaged from the strap and fell three feet on to a concrete floor. I sent it in to CRIS and they fixed it for @ $200.00. They replaced the mode dial and the rest of the upper section of the camera. Works great now and we use a different strap. From my experience with the K-3 and my K-5 if CRIS has the parts it is around a two week turn around. If you have a silver special edition be prepared to wait for parts from Japan.
Joe
04-03-2014, 04:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I dropped my K5ii last year..... afterwards it wouldn't see any lens (could shoot manual though)...... service repair was to "fix conector" all good afterwards

04-03-2014, 05:09 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Reset to default and if nothing else works send it in for repair
Tried it seems like it has loose connection. Gonna send this to CRIS tomorrow hope it goes back to it's original state.

Thank you everyone for the immediate replies really appreciate it all.
04-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
Marketplace Reseller

QuoteOriginally posted by rodin5 Quote
My K-3 special edition disengaged from the strap and fell three feet on to a concrete floor. I sent it in to CRIS and they fixed it for @ $200.00. They replaced the mode dial and the rest of the upper section of the camera. Works great now and we use a different strap. From my experience with the K-3 and my K-5 if CRIS has the parts it is around a two week turn around. If you have a silver special edition be prepared to wait for parts from Japan.
Joe
Hi Joe, was it some mistake or problem with genuine strap. Did You buy something special? Any recommendation for the strap? Thank YOu a lot...Vjacesslav
04-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use the genuine Pentax hand strap, and have never come anywhere near to losing the camera from it. It's a pain to put the strap through the camera connection, and with the grip on my K10D it takes a bit longer to put it on the tripod because the tripod point is not on the lens alignment on the strap. I think that almost any strap will slow some functions down when it is in the way, but the alternative is sending the camera out for service so I put up with it. I find the Pentax strap reasonably comfortable and very secure.
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #11
Inactive Account

Strap

Hi Joe, was it some mistake or problem with genuine strap. Did You buy something special? Any recommendation for the strap? Thank YOu a lot...Vjacesslav
I was using a sling strap that attaches to the tripod mount. I now have an Op-Tec Utility strap that attaches to the strap lug. Works great for $27.00. I was in a car accident last year and my neck is still not right, so I can't use the normal strap. It was really my fault, as I thought I had the connector cinched down tight, but not so much.
Joe
04-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #12
Marketplace Reseller

Thanks Joe for info
04-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Mu wife's K10D fell a couple of feet while we were in Havana last spring. The AF no longer works. We repaired it by getting a K5 on clearance.

Good luck on the repari
04-03-2014, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #14
Inactive Account

Czech Rebublic

By the way my mother was born in Kostomlaty in 1924
Joe
04-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
Mu wife's K10D fell a couple of feet while we were in Havana last spring. The AF no longer works. We repaired it by getting a K5 on clearance.

Good luck on the repari
How does an American get to Havana? Make a left at Mexico?