Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Is there a quick way to switch from RAW to HDR and back?

This weekend I used the HDR setting quite a bit and I got really tired of first having to switch to JPEG, then to HDR and the reverse sequence when switching back. With my old Panasonic you could just switch to HDR and the camera would automatically switch to JPEG which was much faster and more convenient.

Is there a way to switch the K-5ii faster to HDR ideally with one menu or button press?

04-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Set up a custom user mode for HDR.
04-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #3

I also shoot raw with my K-5IIs and find an occasional need for HDR. I just switch to a 3-shot bracketed sequence and do post-processing in Lightroom where LR sends the three shots over to Photoshop for an HDR combo which ends up back in LR as a tiff (if I remember correctly). I try to stay in RAW mode all the time.
04-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Set a custom mode

04-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I have assigned exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
04-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
Set a custom mode
That might be an option although as far as I know the custom mode will store all other settings which might not always be desirable.
Or is there a way to have a custom mode that sets only one or two parameters and leaves everything else alone?
04-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I have assigned exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
I've done that also but maybe I'm expecting something else, as well.

When I press the Raw/fx button, indeed, the camera is set for the bracketing I've set up in the menu system (5 exposures -2,-1,0,+1,+2 in my case). So far so good. But when I want to turn this off and go back to single picture mode, it appears I must press "menu" and then left-left-left-left-OK (or something like that in order to turn auto-bracketing off. Have I not programmed something properly? The Green button doesn't seem to cancel this mode.

I think I've RTFM but a little help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Barry
04-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rumplestiltskin Quote
I've done that also but maybe I'm expecting something else, as well.

When I press the Raw/fx button, indeed, the camera is set for the bracketing I've set up in the menu system (5 exposures -2,-1,0,+1,+2 in my case). So far so good. But when I want to turn this off and go back to single picture mode, it appears I must press "menu" and then left-left-left-left-OK (or something like that in order to turn auto-bracketing off. Have I not programmed something properly? The Green button doesn't seem to cancel this mode.

I think I've RTFM but a little help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Barry
There is no way to turn it off with one button, but if you press Raw/fx again then right-right-Ok, it will do the trick

04-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
There is no way to turn it off with one button, but if you press Raw/fx again then right-right-Ok, it will do the trick
Yep; that'll do it. I saw another thread where someone assigned the auto-bracket feature to the User mode. I think another work-around is to set the camera to not remember the settings when powered off so a "power off / power on" would also work (but I hate doing that to electronic equipment).

Thanks!