Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 385
Is there a quick way to switch from RAW to HDR and back?

This weekend I used the HDR setting quite a bit and I got really tired of first having to switch to JPEG, then to HDR and the reverse sequence when switching back. With my old Panasonic you could just switch to HDR and the camera would automatically switch to JPEG which was much faster and more convenient.

Is there a way to switch the K-5ii faster to HDR ideally with one menu or button press?

04-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,720
Set up a custom user mode for HDR.
04-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
I also shoot raw with my K-5IIs and find an occasional need for HDR. I just switch to a 3-shot bracketed sequence and do post-processing in Lightroom where LR sends the three shots over to Photoshop for an HDR combo which ends up back in LR as a tiff (if I remember correctly). I try to stay in RAW mode all the time.
04-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member
adwb's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bristol UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,632
Set a custom mode

04-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,745
I have assigned exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
04-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 385
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
Set a custom mode
That might be an option although as far as I know the custom mode will store all other settings which might not always be desirable.
Or is there a way to have a custom mode that sets only one or two parameters and leaves everything else alone?
04-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I have assigned exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
I've done that also but maybe I'm expecting something else, as well.

When I press the Raw/fx button, indeed, the camera is set for the bracketing I've set up in the menu system (5 exposures -2,-1,0,+1,+2 in my case). So far so good. But when I want to turn this off and go back to single picture mode, it appears I must press "menu" and then left-left-left-left-OK (or something like that in order to turn auto-bracketing off. Have I not programmed something properly? The Green button doesn't seem to cancel this mode.

I think I've RTFM but a little help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Barry
04-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #8
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,745
QuoteOriginally posted by rumplestiltskin Quote
I've done that also but maybe I'm expecting something else, as well.

When I press the Raw/fx button, indeed, the camera is set for the bracketing I've set up in the menu system (5 exposures -2,-1,0,+1,+2 in my case). So far so good. But when I want to turn this off and go back to single picture mode, it appears I must press "menu" and then left-left-left-left-OK (or something like that in order to turn auto-bracketing off. Have I not programmed something properly? The Green button doesn't seem to cancel this mode.

I think I've RTFM but a little help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Barry
There is no way to turn it off with one button, but if you press Raw/fx again then right-right-Ok, it will do the trick

04-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
There is no way to turn it off with one button, but if you press Raw/fx again then right-right-Ok, it will do the trick
Yep; that'll do it. I saw another thread where someone assigned the auto-bracket feature to the User mode. I think another work-around is to set the camera to not remember the settings when powered off so a "power off / power on" would also work (but I hate doing that to electronic equipment).

Thanks!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, hdr, jpeg, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5, switch
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a way to quickly force flash off/on from K30? akomlik Pentax K-30 & K-50 9 12-03-2013 06:03 PM
Is there a way to sync over 1/125? bcroslin Pentax Medium Format 8 10-24-2013 12:06 AM
Is there any way to adapt a rear PK mount to filter threads? GibbyTheMole Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 05-18-2012 04:33 PM
K-5 Is there a simple way of going from HDR back to RAW? allantois Pentax K-5 11 10-23-2010 05:42 PM
Is there a quick way to list out all particpated posts which have new posts? RiceHigh Site Suggestions and Help 10 05-27-2007 10:06 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top