Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Auto Bracketing

I am having the hardest time setting up auto bracketing on my K-5...following the manual, but I cannot get the drive mode to appear...IS THERE AN EASIER WAY TO SET THE AUTO BRACKETING UP THAT A 3 YEAR OLD CAN UNDERSTAND? How do I turnoff the multi-exposure?

Thanks,

Frank

04-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,791
You can assign exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
04-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
You can assign exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
bracketing shows that is off...how do I turn it on???
04-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,829
QuoteOriginally posted by fnflying Quote
I am having the hardest time setting up auto bracketing on my K-5...following the manual, but I cannot get the drive mode to appear...IS THERE AN EASIER WAY TO SET THE AUTO BRACKETING UP THAT A 3 YEAR OLD CAN UNDERSTAND? How do I turnoff the multi-exposure?
To turn on bracketing just press the drive mode button, which is the top button of the 4 way controller then scroll right to get to the icon that looks like a +/- with a timer. Note that if you are in 'green mode' many options do not appear in the setup menus, including auto bracketing.

04-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Original Poster
Thanks jatrax...duh, pretty easy...thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
04-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Original Poster
one more question...how do I get the k-5 to take 5 shots instead of 3??
04-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,829
QuoteOriginally posted by fnflying Quote
.how do I get the k-5 to take 5 shots instead of 3??
Top button on the 4 way pad>scroll over to the bracketing icon>at the bottom of the screen you should see indicators for # of images and the spread for eaCH.

Front wheel controls # of images taken, rear wheel, the change in aperture between each shot.

The indicator just above shows the shots to be taken on a -5 to +5 exposure chart
04-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #8
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Original Poster
Thanks Again!!!!!

04-30-2014, 06:22 AM   #9
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Hi,
I have an issue with autobracketing via Fn button (K5ii with firmware update)
It works fine but the problem is when I want to turn off autobracketing I have to make it from the menu which is nonsense.
One would expect that Fn button simply turns on/off whatever function is assigned to but when I'm in bracketing mode, pressing Fn again does nothing.
Is this a camera fault, am I doing something wrong or is just the way this works?
Many thanks.
04-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,829
QuoteOriginally posted by raultimis Quote
Hi,
I have an issue with autobracketing via Fn button (K5ii with firmware update)
It works fine but the problem is when I want to turn off autobracketing I have to make it from the menu which is nonsense.
One would expect that Fn button simply turns on/off whatever function is assigned to but when I'm in bracketing mode, pressing Fn again does nothing.
Is this a camera fault, am I doing something wrong or is just the way this works?
Many thanks.
Unfortunately that's the way it works. Unless someone else has found a work around. I gave up using the Fx button for that as I often hit it by accident which caused a lot of confusion when it turned bracketing on.
05-01-2014, 05:07 AM   #11
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Unfortunately that's the way it works. Unless someone else has found a work around. I gave up using the Fx button for that as I often hit it by accident which caused a lot of confusion when it turned bracketing on.
There is something funny with pentax buttons. Iso button must be pressed all the way down and a little bit hard in order to work. Fn button is also funny: when is assigned to RAW you need to press it a little long to work but when is assigned to Digital Preview a little touch will make the shutter slap. Now this may be on purpose and be a smart feature for some but for me is a little weird to get used to a button that works differently according to what function is assigned to.
When I'm on the field I want all my attention there not on the camera which after all is just a tool.
Is it the same on yours?

Last edited by raultimis; 05-01-2014 at 05:15 AM.
05-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,829
QuoteOriginally posted by raultimis Quote
Is it the same on yours?
Not that I noticed. Though I have k-3 now so have not used the k-5 in while. More of the k-3 buttons are "hold while scroll" type which allows more things to be set in user presets.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
auto, camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Auto Bracketing with constant aperture? winkler Pentax K-01 4 07-30-2013 11:40 PM
Auto-Bracketing + Timer? PenTX Pentax Q 3 01-07-2013 09:21 PM
645D Auto Exposure Bracketing Ryan Tischer Pentax Medium Format 15 11-06-2012 07:33 PM
Stuck in auto bracketing SFPete Pentax K-r 2 04-22-2012 02:26 PM
auto-bracketing continuous shooting AlexTiShark Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 09-15-2007 08:20 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:33 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top