Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #1

Any recommendations for a Las Vegas camera store?

On Wednesday I'll be leaving for a road trip to Las Vegas and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a Las Vegas store with a good selection of tripods. I've unsuccessfully searched my house from top to bottom looking for the quick release plate for my Dolica tripod. I don't want to mail order a new plate in-case it doesn't come in time so I'm looking for a store that may carry them - or else buy a complete new tripod.

When I went to the Dolica site, their list of retailers includes Best Buy, Walmart and Costco which all have many locations. The link to Costco brought up 3 models (the ZX600B103 and TX570B150DS at 79.99 and the CX600B502D/S at 199.99). I will probably go and look at these and pickup one of these (most likely one of the 79.99 models) before I leave unless anyone recommends something more compelling.

I want to take some night time shots of the strip and also some night shots of points along the way (four nights in Vegas, one in Bryce, one in Ely and one in Reno). I don't think I can cost justify a $199.99 or higher tripod at this time though.

Thanks,

Ted

04-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you can find one on Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon, of course) they're really good at meeting their shipping deadlines. And you can use Amazon locker or have UPS hold it for you to ensure you get it. Easier than other options IMO.

Overnight shipping costs (especially on a light item) are worth the time saved.

If it's not fulfilled by Amazon and they don't deliver on time, then go to Best Buy Tues night.
04-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by howzat Quote
On Wednesday I'll be leaving for a road trip to Las Vegas and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a Las Vegas store with a good selection of tripods. I've unsuccessfully searched my house from top to bottom looking for the quick release plate for my Dolica tripod. I don't want to mail order a new plate in-case it doesn't come in time so I'm looking for a store that may carry them - or else buy a complete new tripod.

When I went to the Dolica site, their list of retailers includes Best Buy, Walmart and Costco which all have many locations. The link to Costco brought up 3 models (the ZX600B103 and TX570B150DS at 79.99 and the CX600B502D/S at 199.99). I will probably go and look at these and pickup one of these (most likely one of the 79.99 models) before I leave unless anyone recommends something more compelling.

I want to take some night time shots of the strip and also some night shots of points along the way (four nights in Vegas, one in Bryce, one in Ely and one in Reno). I don't think I can cost justify a $199.99 or higher tripod at this time though.

Thanks,

Ted
Ted,
The Costco near me had it for Christmas season but I have not seen it recently. I am not sure about the other retailers. If you are inrested, I have a Giotto aluminum tripod I am trying to sell. My asking is $70. It is not as compact as Dolica but it is fairly light and a lot sturdier.
PM me your phone or email address and I will send you some pics.
Best regards,
Boris
04-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Ted,
The Costco near me had it for Christmas season but I have not seen it recently. I am not sure about the other retailers. If you are inrested, I have a Giotto aluminum tripod I am trying to sell. My asking is $70. It is not as compact as Dolica but it is fairly light and a lot sturdier.
PM me your phone or email address and I will send you some pics.
Best regards,
Boris
DSims, I forgot about the Amazon lockers. There might be one along my route but it is still a bit hit & miss at this stage.

Boris, thanks for the offer on the Giotto. The shipping timeframe is too tight though. I think I'll run with the Costco one at this time. You should list it in the forum marketplace.

Ted

04-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You can check out B&C Camera here in Vegas, I have had my sensor cleaned there on my K5, and have purchased several small items there as well. They have many different items to choose from even though they are mainly into the Canikony stuff. There is ample amount of tripods to choose from.
They are located at 1550 E Tropicana Ave and are not hard to find, ph-702-736-0890. I really like the place even though they thumb their noses at Pentax. according to the business card, there is another location-4511 W Sahara Ave ph-702-871-1100
Hope this helps out. PM me for any more info
04-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
You can check out B&C Camera here in Vegas, I have had my sensor cleaned there on my K5, and have purchased several small items there as well. They have many different items to choose from even though they are mainly into the Canikony stuff. There is ample amount of tripods to choose from.
They are located at 1550 E Tropicana Ave and are not hard to find, ph-702-736-0890. I really like the place even though they thumb their noses at Pentax. according to the business card, there is another location-4511 W Sahara Ave ph-702-871-1100
Hope this helps out. PM me for any more info
I second B&C guys. I have been there but not shopped. I recognized one of the sales guys. I met him at Calumet in Boston some years ago. They are pretty well stocked on tripods.
Thanks for the marketplace suggestion. I have to take pics of it and some other stuff I have for the marketplace.
04-16-2014, 12:47 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I third B&C. Only decent camera store in Vegas IMO. Also neither Vegas Costcos have tripods for sale any longer. They used to have Manfrottos and later Dolicas, but have had no tripods in stock for the last few months.