Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Loving my K5II

Hi,

I'm getting more and more comfortable with my 2 months old K5II. When I went from K100DS to K20D, it took me a while to get comfortable. In fact, I still love images from the K100DS so much that it is my dedicated studio product camera (product photography for catalogs and web). But the K5II felt good from day one. I can't really say I totally master it already, but going in the right direction. Most importantly, it has already almost paid for itself in 2 months.
Last week I did a portrait session of a sixth grader kid. The parents were really happy and this particular shot was ordered in 16x20... and several 8x10 and a bunch of 5x7. I was warned that there were more prints to be ordered soon. So we can call it a success shot.
I took a very critical close look at the 16x20 before delivering it. I was impressed! The detail, the dynamic range and the overall quality of the image really blew me away. Of course credit goes to the excellent pro-printing lab and the F50 1.7 lens as well. But overall, I'm getting confidence... and print orders

It looks kinda bland on screen. But printed 16x20 it pops awesome!

Thanks,

05-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
'It pops awesome' ... i need to remember that phrase, so my age won't show so much Even at screen size (and I'm on a tablet!), detail on the pants stitching shows that it is a fine and well-exposed shot. Good work!