Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #1

Continuous Shooting Option Not Showng

I recently purchases a K5ii. One of the features I was looking forward to using was the continuous shooting feature.

However, when I go to turn it on it is not an option. The only option is for a single shutter.

Is this a firmware issue?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

05-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the camera set to green mode? You need to be in P or any other mode to access other drive modes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
I will check but I don't think so. When in Green Mode it will give you a message that "These Features Not Available"

I have been able to access the menu. It is just when I get their the only option I have is single exposure.
05-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Page 132 of the manual.

You need to select it in drive mode from the four-way controller.

05-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hey JohnX thanks I saw that as well.
The problems is when I used the 4 way controller there is no option for continuous shooting just single exposure.
05-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's also not available in Bulb mode (probably obvious). What mode is your dial on? Green mode is the only thing I've found that removes continuous shooting entirely from the drive mode selection screen (it's just greyed out in Bulb mode) but I don't get any warning about it not being available. It's just not there in green mode, you only have single shot, a couple of self timer modes, and a couple of wireless remote modes.

The manual claims continuous shooting is not available in the "Digital Filter" modes, but it's still select able (it just doesn't work). If you've turned on "HDR", you won't be able to select continuous shooting (it's greyed out). Are you in RAW or JPEG or RAW+ mode? Any of these Filters or other effects turned on?

You can always do a reset of all your settings.
05-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks BrianR.
I will test it tonight. I tried it in multiple modes. I would either be told it wasn't available in "this mode" or it was not selectable at all. I will check my filters and get back.

Thanks

05-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rhoman952 Quote
Thanks BrianR.
I will test it tonight. I tried it in multiple modes. I would either be told it wasn't available in "this mode" or it was not selectable at all. I will check my filters and get back.

Thanks
Have you got it set to use the IR remote shutter release? (that stopped my K-30 from continuous /burst mode shooting :-( until I realised what had accidently happened.)
05-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #9

Original Poster
Hello All!

Thanks for all the replies. I was finally able to access the menu. I thought I had tested all the modes but apparently the only ones I kept testing were the 3 that didn't allow the shutter burst.

Anyway, all is well.
Thanks