Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2014, 04:19 AM   #1

Interval mode questions

Hi Folks,
Have had the K-5 IIs about a week now and am enjoying every bit of it.
In reading the manual I see that there is an interval mode.
I understand how to set it up and all that but what to do afterwards is the question I have.

Let's say I set it up for 50 photos at 30 seconds between shots.
So after its done I have 50 what?
50 pictures? a 50 picture movie?
Do I need to put this into a slide show maker or a movie maker of some sort (I have both)?

Thanks,
Steven

05-09-2014, 05:12 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
What do you WANT to do with them? What is it you're shooting?
05-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are 50 separate pictures, you'll need software to stitch them into a movie - of whatever format.
05-09-2014, 05:51 AM   #4

Original Poster
As to what I want to do with them....don't know, I was using it as an example, maybe clouds, maybe birds, maybe flowers, just some other off the wall ideas that I have since seeing this feature available.
Although I have been involved with photography since the early 60's doing something using interval timing never occurred to me. Sounds like a load of fun. The programs I have available are Photoshop CS5, CyberLink's Power Director, and Pictures To Exe.
It appears that after post processing and resizing the images I would use CyberLinks Power Director to make a movie, and PTE for a slide show.
Well, now that I know, I can see I am about to have some fun doing something I've never done before.
Thanks for the replies,
Steven