Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
One of the Caution advices in my K5 lls manual states to wipe off the contacts with a soft dry cloth before inserting... that may aid with the problem
I'll give that a try!

07-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K-5 is the later Ricoh version, and I thought free of glitches. Here are some of the problems I face - Firmware version 1.16:
a) The back LCD screen suddenly lost its brightness and had fuzzy horizontal line on the top 1/3rd. Removed battery and replaced. Problem has not recurred so far.
b) e-dials behave eratically at times. Mostly OK. I keep scratching my head. Example: in Av mode it will just note change the aperture.
c) Battery Indicator goes mad and this behaviour is erratic. Example it will show 1/4 full after a few shots when it is a fresh one. Switch OFF & ON and it shows Full Charge. I go mad.
d) It suddenly fired of many shots when I was in single shot mode. Checked and re-checked my setting, and I was in single shot mode. Happened once.
e) In Green mode some times the shutter won't fire even though focus is confirmed. Again erratic behaviour.
f) Odd Auto WB behaviour. Again very erratic.
g) Get a bluish color cast in bright sunlight photos especially with the 18-135 WR Lens.
h) Worst of all it shows back focus with most of my lenses.
i) My external flash will not make proper contact at times. Could be a flash problem?

Except for the Back Focus all other Problems are erratic and may not occur at the Service Center for Pentax Ricoh to acknowledge the same. What a shame - shame on you Pentax Ricoh.
What can I say further about Pentax Ricoh. Should I ditch them. But then will the others be faultless?

Regards,
nanhi
camp: Thornhill, Ontario