Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
In my case it is not a blue cast since the rest of the image looks OK, but a glowing blue halo around certain dark objects. It does not happen often though.
I get it now. I thought I'd be able to reduce the blue glow by changing light temperature. I often minimize or eliminate fringing like by changing white balance, but the blue light glow is too strong, WB had no effect.

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
this effect is what you get from lighting reflective subjects with a bright led light source. This isn't a problem with the camera/lens it is a lighting issue.
Very nice illustration.

07-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I warmed up the white balance of a K-3 photo until it looked like a K100D Super photo.
The K100D Super shot still looks better to me.

I think you went too far with warming up the K-3 shot and it also seems to need a touch more magenta.

So far I had to work harder to get pleasant colours from my K-5 II than I ever had with my K100D. I haven't given up hope regarding hitting a magic spot with a tweaked colour profile yet, but I wish it weren't that hard.