Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flashing Red Light

I'm out of town and don't have my manual.. Anyone know what the flashing red light on the back to the right of the green button means. FYI, my autofocus started acting up about the time I noticed it, battery is down 1 bar but never been an issue before. K5IIs

06-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to the manual it is "self timer lamp/remote control receiver"

Hope that helps....
06-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If nobody else replies you can download a PDF manual for the K5IIs here:

Support?RICOH IMAGING CANADA

You can read it online too if you can't download.

EDIT: Ooops Jatrax got in while I was searching for the link.
06-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Remote?

Hello JR,
I've found that annoying blinker a couple times myself. It's an indicator that the remote is activated (the clicker, not cable release) or the timer delay is on.
On the circle control dial, top icon is the clock. Press that and you'll see a series of icons, single frame shooting, hi-speed, 2s delay, remote, etc.
Move the green highlight to the far left; single frame shooting, no remote, no timer. Press OK.
That should do it!
Ron

06-06-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I was using a remote day before yesterday and never changed back. That explains a lot. Thanks again.
11-08-2018, 03:55 AM   #6

Ha! I had the same problem. I got that blinking light, and could not turn it off. And a power cycling did not help. Googled it and ended up here. Quite simple actually, but I could not imagine that the remote setting would survive a power cycling.
11-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Roland Karlsson Quote
Ha! I had the same problem. I got that blinking light, and could not turn it off. And a power cycling did not help. Googled it and ended up here. Quite simple actually, but I could not imagine that the remote setting would survive a power cycling.
It is one of the settings that endures past a power OFF but will go away with a dead battery, unless you powered off while it was enabled.