Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #16

Original Poster
I shoot jpeg 90%. I dont have time to post proces them.

06-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RyanW Quote
That's the thing the AF in Video on the Sony doesn't hunt. It's not at all like Pentax or a typical dslr doing video.

Personally I'm a big fan of the flippy screen, especially nice if you are going to do video. I'd switch for the Sony if you think you can live with the EVF. Some like it, some don't.
It does too hunt, since you haven't used the camera yet you ought to take my advice on that. If not, good luck to you.

---------- Post added 06-15-2014 at 07:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pitagora Quote
I shoot jpeg 90%. I dont have time to post proces them.
Sony's Jpeg engine on that camera is horrible. You can't turn off NR at all, and even on low there's no difference than normal or high. I think there's much for you to learn young Skywalker.

Good luck in your choice and may the force be with you.

C
06-16-2014, 02:08 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
It does too hunt, since you haven't used the camera yet you ought to take my advice on that. If not, good luck to you.

---------- Post added 06-15-2014 at 07:00 AM ----------

Sony's Jpeg engine on that camera is horrible. You can't turn off NR at all, and even on low there's no difference than normal or high. I think there's much for you to learn young Skywalker.

Good luck in your choice and may the force be with you.

C
Thank you very much sir.
Yes I admit I never had time to play with it very much.
I've just started to understand how the aperture-shutter-ISO Triangle works on dslr, but I also blame myself for poor photos because of the 18-55 kit lens.

Once again thank you all guys for your answers, I think I will keep the k5 and I have opportunity to buy in my country( Romania) the Pentax da 70 and maybe 16-45 for landscape, do you think these lens are good to start with?

I would like to use the 16-45 obviously for landscape and da 70 for portrait and short tele. Is this ok?