Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What to do about back LCD

The other day I was taking pictures, and the back LCD on my K-5 II got so smudged and foggy that I could not make out anything on the screen. This only took about 3 minutes and maybe 10 presses of the shutter. Does anybody have any remedies for this ?

08-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't imagine that fogging should be an issue. For fogging to occur, your camera would need to be at a very different temperature than the ambient air temperature. As for smudging - It's not a touch-screen, so what would be smudging it? I have regularly shot with my K-5 in hot sun, or even in sub-freezing temperatures, and have not seen any fogging. Has this occurred more than once? Did it clear itself, and if so, how long did it take? Any sign of moisture behind the glass?
08-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
"Has this occurred more than once? Did it clear itself, and if so, how long did it take? Any sign of moisture behind the glass?'

It could be because I was shooting from my air-conditioned car.