Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
EXIF data won't display in DCU4

Weird result. Sometimes EXIF data displays in DCU4, and sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't seem to matter the camera body or the lens. I.e., my K5iis and even Pentax lenses sometimes display and sometimes do not.

Is there some correction or update I can make?

08-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

All Raw and JPEG files straight out of the card should show up the EXIF data in PDCU. But, if these files were modified/manipulated by other softwares incl. Windows Viewer, the data might be lost.

Another possibility, but less likely, might be some problem with the card.

Hope that the comment may help.
08-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Images were in .DNG format, straight out of the camera, not opened in any other program first. Also, I just checked on some other photos, taken only a week or so ago, from the same camera and same card, and those images (RAW processed into JPEGs using Photoshop) do display EXIF info in DCU4. So, I remain very confused.

To further test the possibility of a bad card, I switched from a SanDisk to a Lexar card, and again the image taken does not show any EXIF in DCU4. So, I am inclined to believe that it is not anything to do with the SD card used.

Last edited by sholtzma; 08-13-2014 at 10:25 PM.
08-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

OK. Have you tried an EXIF reader, like Photome? Would Photome (or equivalent) show all the EXIF data?

I use now PDCU5 and I just check a DNG file take with my older K-7. I can view all EXIF data in PDCU 5 and Photome as well.

Maybe worth a trial. If Photome cannot show the EXIF, there is something wrong with the card (or camera, but hopefully no).

Hope that the comment may help.

08-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Photome shows the EXIF data that DCU4 will not. So, I know the EXIF data is available (and correct).

Slight correction to earlier: the original RAW images taken last week do NOT display EXIF in DCU4, but the JPEGS (from Photoshop) created from the RAW images DO display EXIF in DCU4. Curiouser and curiouser.

Last edited by sholtzma; 08-13-2014 at 11:05 PM.
08-14-2014, 02:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Do you have PDCU4 latest version (4.40 for Windows and 4.41 for Mac) ?
08-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No, I believe I have version 4.3. Is that the problem?

After a long day, I finally had time to update to version 4.4. That seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by sholtzma; 08-14-2014 at 07:17 PM.