Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2014, 06:33 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I've been struck by LBA. I've purchased two Pentax lens, and don't even have a Pentax body yet!

I'm seriously now considering the K5IIs, rather than the K50. Hoping there will be some great sales over the Holiday.
Initially I purchased the K50 and thought it to be a really decent camera but there were some things that just annoyed me with it, mostly none of which had to do with photo output. After about 3 months I had the opportunity to pick up an extremely low shutter count non grey market K5 lls at a great price so I pulled the plug on it thinking I would use both. After putting the K5 lls in my hands with it's quiet dust removal, much quieter shutter and the great button layout for items I like to use without needing to go to a menu along with the outstanding photos it is capable of my poor K50 sat collecting dust as this one just feels right to me. Sure the K50 has focus peaking and scene modes of which I never use as I am fully capable using my old school method of using live view zoom to manually obtain sharp photos and dialing in my exposure for varied affects. So after a few months I decided the money I would recoup by selling my K50 would help towards getting new items to use with my K5. I added a grip not so much to gain battery life as the battery life without one is over twice that of the K50 to begin with but more for it to fit my hands better and give it even more of a beefy weight. I learned long ago it was easier for me to hand hold a heavier camera steady than a lighter one especially with longer lenses, coupled with my advanced age making the task more difficult. This is what buying a camera is really all about, it doesn't matter what brand or model, what matters is finding one that you put in your hands and use that just feels right, has the features you want and is capable of taking the kind of photos that keep you wanting to go out and take more not caring about any limitations it may seem to have compared to other cameras.

So if your K50 feels right then keep it and be happy. If it doesn't then you may want to pick up a new or used K5 lls. If your not sure maybe you can find a store that has one you can put in your hands or rent one to play with and see if it feels right for you. Regardless you all ready have a camera that is fully capable. As it stands for me my K5 lls would have to totally crap out on me before I would consider replacing it.

11-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #32
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Also get yourself a set of these to protect your lcd's ... you can find them cheaper on ebay. ACMAXX LCD Protector - Pentax K-5-II
I plan on the K5IIs in the next month or two. I bought a great K10D to be used as my "backup body", and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Question; the link you posted, is this for both of the LCD's?
11-02-2014, 06:00 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I plan on the K5IIs in the next month or two. I bought a great K10D to be used as my "backup body", and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Question; the link you posted, is this for both of the LCD's?
I bought mine through an ebay seller, long ago for my K10D and early this year for my K5II. Both times it came as a two piece set. They are great protectors, highly recommended.
11-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

I have used the ACMAXX LCD Protector for several Pentax cameras, including the Q and K-3. It is an excellent product and ships fast from California.