Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2014, 06:39 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
You can program how high the auto ISO sensitivity can go via your cameras menu. See page 87 of your manual
I found it and reset it. I tried several different setting in my camera for shooting indoors and found that TAV gave me the best results. Shooting in AV mode almost always gave me a very high ISO even when it wasn't necessary. I really want to avoid shooting in full manual because I think it could result in me missing some important shots.

---------- Post added 10-10-14 at 08:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by polachekphotography Quote
If this is the case, you may be very limited in the shots you can get of the ceremony as the person provided by the venue will be the official photographer. They may even have a contract that stipulates that they are the sole photographer for the event. If at all possible you should do some research on the hotel's policies, and talk to the official photog beforehand and ask if they mind if you take some shots as well. If they decline you may be asked to remain in your seat during the ceremony and not move around. Not to rain on your parade, just something for you and the couple to be aware of. Is the photographer being provided just for the ceremony?
I did do a brief check online at the resort and read that the couple is welcome to bring their own photographer. I am going to email the bride and make sure her planner knows I will be there. Thank you for the advice, I wouldn't have even thought of that. The photographer that is included only takes pictures during the ceremony. Nothing before or after.

10-11-2014, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, TAv is the mode I had in mind when I described 'Manual with Auto ISO'. Some cameras have a TAv setting on mode dial (for easy access), but I wasn't sure if your K50 had this setting. If it didn't, I figured you could set Auto ISO from menu while in M for the same effect..
10-11-2014, 06:42 AM   #33

I find the k-30 (possibly the k-50) struggles when it comes to focusing in low light. Indoors it hesitates a lot in low light, and the problem is magnified when using shallow depth of field (larger apertures). Its ok for static subjects but might give you a lot of problems when tracking subjects in the isle. I cant imagine depending on it if I'm the only photographer for a wedding. Reviews are better for the k5iis for autofocusing and flash P-ttl.