Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2014, 02:02 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great to hear!
Happy to hear nothing really important happened to your camera.

I must say last week I just ordered the 3rd party grip for the camera that Amazon is selling (well, the one in Amazon.es as you can find many at amazon.com) as a mate of mine has one for it's K5 and reccomended it to me.

11-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
After happily buying a 2nd hand K5 in Japan in my last holidays a week ago not even, and use the body for one single day very happily I came to the spanish forum (Pentaxeros.com) and read in the K5 section that many K5's have had problems, mirror problems, sensor issues, and even they just "die" and do not take any more pictures,

And so, I am worried about my camera. I thought I was buying a bargain, and a great piece of camera, much better than my skills nowadays (I am a Kr user and was a K110D user before), and felt quite happy with my little new friend.

So I wanted to ask you guys, about this camera issues and if you overhall are happy with the K5 or if I might have done a mistake by buying a copy.

Thank you for your comments and opinions
I've had a K-5 for awhile now, and it has been a joy to use; no problems whatsoever. The earlier ones, from what I've read had some issues in rare cases, but generally it is a fine camera. The newer ones, from all I've read, are solid.

Don't worry about it, unless something is obviously wrong.
11-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great to hear!
Happy to hear nothing really important happened to your camera.
I know! I was very worried and then very relieved. Checked focus with a number of lenses, and everything works fine. Close shave!
11-03-2014, 02:42 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you EJMzagsfan, you are right, worring makes no sense. Just my thoughts where if I should keep it or not, as I was convinced it's a beast of a camera before buying it and reading those stories at the spanish forum from some guys (one even had 6 K5 with issues....) but after so many answers I see I shouldn't be worried
I don't know how some people manage to get 4-10 defective cameras/lenses in a row like that, and often with multiple items. Either they are the unluckiest guys on the planet with bad karma or they are simply "too picky about"/"don't know how to use" their stuff.

11-03-2014, 04:41 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I don't know how some people manage to get 4-10 defective cameras/lenses in a row like that, and often with multiple items. Either they are the unluckiest guys on the planet with bad karma or they are simply "too picky about"/"don't know how to use" their stuff.
Yes, that can be a fact, you are right VisualDarkness
01-19-2017, 03:01 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Long time after I created this post! Yet seems like yesterday I did!

This time i wrote again just because my beloved K5 it's getting old. Have done almost 79.000 shutter actuations with it and love it! It is a magnificent camera and tool. I can't be more happy with her.
Yet doing around 25K to 35K actuations a year and after reading that usually the shutter would start to die or give problems after 100K actuations, I am wondering how long would it last with me alive.

So my thought is, any K5 users here have had any experiences with the shutter at those actuations? I am wondering if getting a K3 and keep the K5 as a second body tho.
01-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Long time after I created this post! Yet seems like yesterday I did!

This time i wrote again just because my beloved K5 it's getting old. Have done almost 79.000 shutter actuations with it and love it! It is a magnificent camera and tool. I can't be more happy with her.
Yet doing around 25K to 35K actuations a year and after reading that usually the shutter would start to die or give problems after 100K actuations, I am wondering how long would it last with me alive.

So my thought is, any K5 users here have had any experiences with the shutter at those actuations? I am wondering if getting a K3 and keep the K5 as a second body tho.
You can get the shutter replaced if it fails.

01-19-2017, 03:52 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You can get the shutter replaced if it fails.
True, I haven't thought in that scenario. Thanks!
When it happens will keep one eye on that option. Right now I am more on the K3 thing and letting the K5 as a second body so I can keep it with it's original shutter longer.
No idea tho of how much can cost that shutter change.

Best regards,