Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #1

K-5IIs Green Button Functionality

On my old K-7, I had my green button set to determine shutter speed in full manual mode. I think it was set like this at default, because I don't recall making any adjustment in the menus

For some reason, and I can't figure it out for the life of me (went through all the menus, but I must be missing something), on my K-5IIs the green button adjusts the both the aperture and shutter speed in M. Could someone please direct me to how to set this to adjust only the shutter speed? Oddly, in the Button Customization menu, nothing shows up for the green button!

Thanks!

11-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You didn't happen to use that button while shooting with a manual lens? With a manual aperture the only thing that can be adjusted is the shutter speed.

I flipped through the menus and scanned the manual and didn't see anything otherwise.
11-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My K-01 has various settings for the green button.
It can be programmed either to P-line (sets aperture and shutter speed to program line exposure), Tv shift (Seths shutter speed with fixed aperture to adjust exposure) or Av shift (Sets the aperture with fixed shutter speed to adjust the exposure).
Tv Shift is used in M mode with manual lenses to do stop-down metering.
I'm not familiar with the K-7 nor the K-5ii, but I believe that what you're trying to achieve 1. should be only relevant in M or Tav mode and 2. could be found in the Button Customization menu.
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #4

Original Poster
On my K7, it worked like this with all my lenses, including my 16-50 and 50-135.

11-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

To change or alter the green functionality, you can set in the Shooting MENU-5 under E-dial programming.
11-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Page 247. RTF*M. Works every time!

* = Fantastic -- don' cha know.
11-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rhombuss Quote
On my old K-7, I had my green button set to determine shutter speed in full manual mode. I think it was set like this at default, because I don't recall making any adjustment in the menus

For some reason, and I can't figure it out for the life of me (went through all the menus, but I must be missing something), on my K-5IIs the green button adjusts the both the aperture and shutter speed in M. Could someone please direct me to how to set this to adjust only the shutter speed? Oddly, in the Button Customization menu, nothing shows up for the green button!

Thanks!
In your Button Customization menu for each mode the setting showing after the green dot shows what it is currently set to. In all modes you can change what the front and rear dials control but for each mode the green button can only be programmed for certain functions and they are not all the same for all modes. Take P mode you can program the green button to P or P-Line , for SV mode your green button choice P-line , TV mode the green button programming is for auto ISO, same with AV mode, TAV mode green button is P-line, TV Shift and AV Shift, M Mode is the same programming as TAV, Movie mode is AVshift. Then in each mode you have the option to select it not to use anything. As far as your P-line it will bias your exposure settings to what you have that selected for. If you are using an AF lens or I believe also a Pentax Manual A lens and your green button is set to P-line then both Shutter and Aperture will change and bias accordingly to the P-line selection.

I know on the K30 & K50 in M mode you needed to select TVshift in order to inact the Manual lens SR setting menu but you don't need to select that for the K5 lls recognition.

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 11-20-2014 at 09:01 PM.
11-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
To change or alter the green functionality, you can set in the Shooting MENU-5 under E-dial programming.
Thanks! For some reason I never looked into the E-Dial settings.