Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #1

K-5IIs

Hi: I have a K-5IIs I had it sitting on the kitchen table, with the strap hanging over the edge. Well I have CAT! Needless to say she liked the strap. I saw what was happening, but was to late With a thundering crash it hit the ground!! Not sure who was more scared, the cat or myself? I picked up the camera assuming it was DOOMED! I turned it on & to my surprize it did, took several pictures & it worked perfectly Small scuff mark on it, kinda gives the camera some character now! OH my favorite lens was on there also 35-70mm that is more than 25 years old, it also survived the ordeal. So I'm impressed needless to say! DON'T try this at home!! Silkzone

12-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter

What floor do you have? Lucky ending, congrats!
12-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
What floor do you have? Lucky ending, congrats!
Hi: I don't know if you have or ever held a K-4IIs? Although a bit heavy it's is well known for being extremely rugged, it feels rugged! Much better than the plastic Canon, or Nikon! OH floor is a regular kitchen tile! I use it daily rain or shine, bumps, bangs, seems to be able to take it. Takes pretty good pictures, still waiting for that fantastic shot!! Silkzone
12-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have read that with the newer lenses that have plastic mounts a fall like that can break them at the bayonet. Otherwise, our Pentax cameras are fairly rugged. Mine have all taken more than their share of bumps and still are doing well.

12-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Silkzone Quote
Hi: I don't know if you have or ever held a K-4IIs? Although a bit heavy it's is well known for being extremely rugged, it feels rugged! Much better than the plastic Canon, or Nikon! OH floor is a regular kitchen tile! I use it daily rain or shine, bumps, bangs, seems to be able to take it. Takes pretty good pictures, still waiting for that fantastic shot!! Silkzone
Nope, I have K-5IIs If that, I know what you mean, but the idea of dropping it on kitchen tile terrifies me. I put all my cameras away from cats. Always. They teach us very well. I'm also still not sure that shooting in rain is a good idea. However it's good to know that K-5IIs can be cat safe.