Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2014, 07:39 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Good grief, I give up.. I could care less who he is, go back to write to "Labnut" on dpreview and tell him he is full of beans on his probable sensor correction circuitry low pass filter. Regardless there isn't one and the only low pass filter associated with image blurr is the anti-alias filter.

12-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Good grief, I give up.. I could care less who he is, go back to write to "Labnut" on dpreview and tell him he is full of beans on his probable sensor correction circuitry low pass filter. Regardless there isn't one and the only low pass filter associated with image blurr is the anti-alias filter.
You're the one who claimed he was implying that the AA filter may impact SR:

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Perhaps before you jump to that conclusion you may wish to read the full report from P. Smith. Read it very thoroughly and carefully you just might gain some more insight. In his testing he mentions some cause due to possible Low Pass Filter, remember neither your K5 lls nor the K3 have one.
Though your post has mysteriously vanished. I was just trying to clear up this misconception.
12-31-2014, 07:59 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Alright, the sensor is lifted AFTER the mirror is up, but before the shutter opens.
But what do you mean by "except when in live view"? The mirror has to be lifted to enable live view.
What I meant is that in live view the sensor is moved continually whereas in viewfinder view the movement only starts after the mirror up point in time.

As for the presence or absence of a LP filter in the movement servo loop - this will be taken care of simply by the mass of the sensor stage, there will be a limit to how fast you can move/accelerate this by the positioning magnets.
12-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #49
Pentaxian

They don't mention anything about a battery either so... But perhaps that is because that isn't necessary in order to describe the SR function, just as every filter or capacitor actually used ins't mentioned.
And according to this https://www.google.se/patents/US20080013939 patent there are no filters at all except the optical ones.
Yep, in the US patent filed July 12, 2007 and published Jan. 17 2008 your referencing via google doesn't mention anything;

http://images2.freshpatents.com/pdf/US20080013938A1.pdf

HOWEVER in the updated US patent filed March 7, 2008 and published Sept 18 2008 I referenced it clearly does.

Anti-shake Apparatus

I looked at both and since the latest Patent is based in the most current filing and provides more detailed information that is what I referenced.

Here is the circuitry show me a low pass filter reference;

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 12-31-2014 at 08:15 AM.
12-31-2014, 08:17 AM   #50
Pentaxian

As I said, I bet that there is a low pass filter there somewhere before the A/D converter, even if it isn't mentioned in the patent. And that is because if you feed an A/D converter with frequencies higher then half the sampling rate you will get problems. That is a fact, even if it isn't mentioned in the patent.
So either they omit it from the patent as it is an electronic design thing and not part of the SR invention, or the selected gyro sensor has a built in low pass so no extra filter is needed.

Anyhow, why are we debating this?
01-01-2015, 03:01 AM   #51
Pentaxian

So either they omit it from the patent as it is an electronic design thing and not part of the SR invention, or the selected gyro sensor has a built in low pass so no extra filter is needed.
The InvenSense gyros which Pentax use have a programmable LP filter.
01-01-2015, 04:42 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Do you know exactly which type of gyros they use?
01-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The 55-300 just got here, and now (at the long end in the dark) the SR is necessary... and visible...

01-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #54
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
....As for the presence or absence of a LP filter in the movement servo loop - this will be taken care of simply by the mass of the sensor stage, there will be a limit to how fast you can move/accelerate this by the positioning magnets.
I tend to support this view. The inertia mass of the sensor will tend to act as a low pass frequency filter to the system. I'm a little out of my depth on the electronics side, but on the mechanical vibration side, a little more up to speed. The sensor will act as a variant of a driven mass-spring harmonic oscillator, and with these, the response amplitude tends to:
i) the forcing amplitude as the driving frequency ratio (driving/natural) tends to zero
ii) to zero as the driving frequency ratio over the natural frequency is significantly greater than 1.
Therefore it is necessary to eliminate spurious low freq inputs to moving the sensor, but unnecessary on the high freq side assuming the system is appropriately "tuned" to the underlying physic characteristics. Since the eletro-magnetics will only be so powerful as to achieve the necessary force but not to powerful as to be heavy and burn power, the system is likely fine without a low-pass filter on the gyro-sensors.

In addition, I suspect the gyros will also have an upper useful limit and they might simply clip the data in the digital circuit.
01-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KevinR Quote
The sensor will act as a variant of a driven mass-spring harmonic oscillator
And presumably the AA filter simulation jitter then exploits a natural mechanical resonance node at a frequency way above that of the positioning/anti-shake servo loop response.
01-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
And presumably the AA filter simulation jitter then exploits a natural mechanical resonance node at a frequency way above that of the positioning/anti-shake servo loop response.
But only if the Coriolis-effect module has been calibrated for the northern (or southern?) hemisphere using the correct latitude (within 6-furlongs +/- 3 meters) within the past fortnight though.
01-05-2015, 07:08 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
But only if the Coriolis-effect module has been calibrated for the northern (or southern?) hemisphere using the correct latitude (within 6-furlongs +/- 3 meters) within the past fortnight though.
Well obviously.
03-06-2015, 01:53 AM   #58

I'm a newbie, so i can't open new topic, please help me with a big problem with K5 shake reduction:

Link to my big problem :

It seems to shake reduction error, when i open liveview, it isn't stable, when i shoot with slow speed ( about 1/20 ), it's blur. In my country, there is a little shop to repair pentax, please tell me how to fix it, and how much if i repair it? Thank you so much.