Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Nakedgun's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southwest
Posts: 573
K-5 series differences

I have a K-5, serial # 417xxxx. When I press the Custom Image button, the display shows five parameters, from top-to-bottom:

Saturation
Hue
High/Low Key Adj
Contrast
Sharpness

My K-5IIs, serial # 472xxxx shows the same five categories as does my K-5IIs, # 603xxxx.

However my K-5IIs # 485xxxx shows seven parameters listed as:

Saturation
Hue
High/Low Key Adj
Contrast
Contrast Highlight Adjustment
Contrast Shadow Adjustment
Sharpness

Why would this difference exist?
How many others have these added features on their camera?

02-23-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,768
Firmware versions in each?
02-23-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,796
Do your matching cameras have the same firmware?
Hold the menu button when turning it on and it will display the firmware version.
One or a couple of your cameras may have an older version.
You should update them all if that is the case.
02-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Caver's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hungary (ex-pat from Transylvania, Romania)
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 429
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
I have a K-5, serial # 417xxxx. When I press the Custom Image button, the display shows five parameters, from top-to-bottom:

Saturation
Hue
High/Low Key Adj
Contrast
Sharpness

My K-5IIs, serial # 472xxxx shows the same five categories as does my K-5IIs, # 603xxxx.

However my K-5IIs # 485xxxx shows seven parameters listed as:

Saturation
Hue
High/Low Key Adj
Contrast
Contrast Highlight Adjustment
Contrast Shadow Adjustment
Sharpness

Why would this difference exist?
How many others have these added features on their camera?
I was curious about your findings, so i tried to find out what's the situation on my K-5II.
First I tried to see if the highlight and/or shadow protection enabled setting makes any changes on the custom image settings page, but no, it doesn't.
On the other hand, if you turn the front wheel while on the custom image settings page - you got those two extra lines for the settings

02-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Nakedgun's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southwest
Posts: 573
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
I was curious about your findings, so i tried to find out what's the situation on my K-5II.
First I tried to see if the highlight and/or shadow protection enabled setting makes any changes on the custom image settings page, but no, it doesn't.
On the other hand, if you turn the front wheel while on the custom image settings page - you got those two extra lines for the settings

You nailed it! Same for all models.

I wonder if the K-3 is this way?
02-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Caver's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hungary (ex-pat from Transylvania, Romania)
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 429
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
You nailed it! Same for all models.

I wonder if the K-3 is this way?
I don't know how it is on the K-3, but I just checked to see how it is on my brick (K-01) - no extra lines of settings...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adjustment, camera, contrast, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k-5 series, k5, parameters, pentax k-5, saturation, sharpness
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: 'K' series 28mm f3.5 johnyates Sold Items 4 06-24-2014 02:25 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax smc K series 200mm f/4 M series 80-200mm f/4.5 reduced*** davidgreen3003 Sold Items 15 08-02-2013 07:22 PM
Differences in brightness between consecutive shots in manual mode (K-5) vzbx Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 26 11-13-2012 03:52 PM
Differences between K-5, K-5 11, K-5 11 s ? lesmore49 Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 10-23-2012 02:43 PM
lens series differences bessa66 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 06-14-2009 09:05 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top