Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by derelict Quote
I shoot RAW so is there any step down in file quality between the 5II and the 50? I have made it this far without focus peaking and I do not use live view so, at the same price point, is the 50 better than a 5II? I am not wed to the body but looking for the best use of the limited funds for a body that will need to last several years.
I always shoot RAW also. I've not used a K-5ii, but the K-50 RAW are better than the K-7 by far (imho) because the 16Mp sensor is better by far.
Would I chose a K-5ii over a K-50 if they were the same price? Yes I would, but at the time the K-5ii was twice the price of a K-50 in Australia.

04-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The K3 is way over my budget and to be completely honest, contains many features and functions that would be wasted on me. I enjoy shooting photos and good resolution and as nice as I am sure the K3 is, it is not on my list of considerations.

The button layout being the same is an interesting point and one that I did not consider. Definitely something I want to keep. After all of the years of use, the functions are second nature to me. KEH has a K5II but with the kit lens which I do not need.

I will just set a marketplace reminder here. Thanks for the help and advice. The 50 is an interesting body but buttons and top screen seal the deal.