Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeff knight Quote
Thanks guys for the info. Clearly I've been laboring under some misapprehensions about shake reduction, attributing super powers to my camera that it doesn't entirely have. Ricoh/Pentax have told us that they are continually trying to improve shake reduction though. I wish I had more specifics about that.
Faster movement, better response time of the same basic tech would give improvements (and has). Presumably the bigger/heavier the sensor the harder it is to compensate. I'm amazed at the SR reduction on the Q series, which is able to effectively stabilize even adapted K telephoto lenses (better than the same lens on the K-5, in fact). I assume it has an advantage because the sensor it has to move around is so tiny. The K3-II is claiming approx 4.5 stops with its SR while I believe the K-5 is only 2 or so, so I'll be anxious to try the newest models...

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, fa, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, lenses, list, pentax k-5, reduction