Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Consistently bad is a problem...either camera, lens, or shooter. However, I do not find it unusual to take a series of many shots in fairly rapid sequence and have some turn out great and some poor. Focus point, exposure point, changing light. subject movement, shooter shakes, etc These can all give you bad shots mixed in with good. It can happen with any camera....and does. This is why I try to get as many shots as possible when shooting any subject....I know good luck counts on numbers, and the more numbers the better my luck!

Out of a series of about 10 shots here, only two were good enough to keep. The factors above were what ruined the other shots.

Every fish is not caught. If you put out enough hooks, you can still have a fish dinner!

Regards!

12-18-2015, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi,
Thanks for all the helpful responses!
I have been remiss in following my own page. But life intervened.
But I have made some changes:
1/ I shoot more in RAW, an uphill battle but one I should have started a long time ago.
2/ It has also been suggested that maybe I expect to much. Hit the + key more than 5 times :-)
3/ I acquired the 50mm prime lens and find it is nice but really need a 35mm lens!
4/ Also I use a tripod more.
5/ I use the lowest ISO I can. (Tripods help here.)

The learning curve continues.
I will try to post some pictures in the near future.
Thanks for all the suggestion and
Happy Holidays to all.

Rudi