Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #1

Battery Issue Long Exposure K5II

I am just now trying my hand at long exposure. With a fully charged battery I shot one 2 min. exposure and then on the second one the battery was depleted. This can't be normal. Also, after finishing a two min. exposure ,is it normal for the camera to take about a minute to process. I noticed for the first time a count down on the top LCD panel, is this normal?

Thanks for any input you can offer.

09-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A fully charged battery shouldn't die after a couple of 2 minute shots. Something is wrong there. I've taken 45 minute exposures with no problems. When it comes to the wait after a shot is taken, you probably have the DFS enabled. Read more here:https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/209584-dark-frame-subtraction.html

Last edited by pixie; 09-06-2015 at 09:26 PM.
09-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxpixie Quote
A fully charged battery shouldn't die after a couple of 2 minute shots. Something is wrong there. I've taken 45 minute exposures with no problems. When it comes to the wait after a shot is taken, you probably have the DFS enabled. Read more here:https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/209584-dark-frame-subtraction.html
Thanks, had not idea about the DFS, that sure speeds things up. As far as battery issue, I think the batter is bad (old). I tried a different fully charged battery with no issues.

Thanks again for the input.