Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A nice surprise from Pentax

Hello!

Got my Pentax K-5 back from repair here today, with a new and spotless sensor.

I bought my K-5 in February 2011 and noticed the splotches almost immediately but was too lazy to do anything about it whilst under warranty.

Dust specks on the K-5 @ f/22

I was then pleasantly surprised when I contacted the service center this August and asked them if they did repair it and they said that they did and even free of charge. Not bad for a 4½ year old camera!

The K-5 has long since been replaced by a K-3 in this household but perhaps I should treat it to a nice outing with the newly repaired DA*16-50/2.8.

09-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Good service! I am no legal expert, but I think If it is recognized as an inherent design or manufacturing flaw they might be required to do the repair beyond the 2 year warranty. It is still nice not to have to bitch about it.

Do you have a service center up there in Finland? They closed down the Danish one a few years ago, and I think we have to send our stuff to Sweden now.
09-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I can definitely tell you're not in the US....
09-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Good service! I am no legal expert, but I think If it is recognized as an inherent design or manufacturing flaw they might be required to do the repair beyond the 2 year warranty. It is still nice not to have to bitch about it.

Do you have a service center up there in Finland? They closed down the Danish one a few years ago, and I think we have to send our stuff to Sweden now.
They are required, but it's another story if they actually do anything, so good service yes.

I had to send it to Kameraservice in Sweden.

09-15-2015, 05:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is a wonderful story! I called our service center in the USA and it is a flat rate of $250 to repair my camera. The LCD broke under the glass without any direct hit or impact. Used it one day, put it back in the bag, looked at it in the morning.... Broke. Instantly covered in saddness.

I decided to save my money and turn my K-5ii into a back up camera. I will likely buy a K-3 or K-3ii used from the marketplace in the next year or so.