Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
---------- Post added 11-22-15 at 06:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I want to thank you for that post! I followed it and the links and it has made a world of difference in shooting my newest Bigma 50-500. I have been fighting focus hunting ever since I got it and it is even worse than my old Bigma 50-500. I've tried everything, including buying several flavors of Bigma Hound Hunting Biscuits on Amazon...and not much has helped.

I went to back button focus and disabled half-press and now my hunting has been almost eliminated. It is another reminder that I should spend less time opening my big mouth and more time reading and listening here. I am certainly glad I read and followed your post, thank you very much! It will greatly increase my Bigma shooting pleasure!

Here is my first squirrel using the back AF button....normally the Bigma would hunt a while before finally settling down and locking focus. On this one and others I have tried, it locked on right away...and the focus even seems to be more accurate too!

Using the backside AF button.....

I am nowhere close to being an educated or top notch shooter.....but most of what I have learned I have learned here at PF, and if I was more serious and less lazy, I might even be half decent instead of half-ass as a shooter. Wonderful place to learn.....just read and listen or ask questions, the answers are all here if you want them.

Best Regards & Thanks again!
You are most welcome,my friend.Like you I find these forums a great place to pick up tips and (on the whole) helpful and constructive criticism.

11-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I have a question regarding on camera lens correction options. When i received this camera used, all options were turned off, on my K-30 & K-50 i have a couple turned to auto and it does not effect my camera shooting time between shots. I turned on the same one on the K5II and all you see is the little hour glass spinning for 3 to 5 seconds. Is this normal ?

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/307662-what-k5-v...#ixzz3suDCLUmS
12-03-2015, 08:07 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The files are bigger on the K5, right? That could have a little to do with it. I've been shooting RAW for a while now, that processing time was one thing I dropped the JPG for. That and all the better shots I wanted to process from RAW anyway. I was shooting RAW+ before, though had most processing options turned off.

Anyway, maybe it's the higher bit density files?
12-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, the files are quite a bit larger on the K5II. Guess i will have to live with it.

12-06-2015, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the new camera.