Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New SD cards on K5ii

There have been some new SD cards to come out since this topic was broached for the K5ii so I figure I'd ask it again. Has anyone had experience with UHS-1/U3 cards for the K5ii? I am thinking about buying a USH-1/U3 card (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-I-Memory-SDSDXSF-064G-GNCIN/dp/B01...dp_ob_title_ce) for my "new to me" K5ii. Does the K5ii have any capability problems with the new USH-1/U3 cards? If so which cards would you recommend?

11-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There should be no compatibility issues, and since those cards exceed the speed capabilities of the K-5, you'll enjoy the fastest possible performance.

It's hard to go wrong with Sandisk extreme and extreme pro cards. They're highly reliable and if anything does go wrong, they've got great warranty replacement service.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The K5II won't get near to maxing out those cards. However, I noticed a huge consistency boost when I switched to the Sandisk Extremes. A much better card in build quality too.
11-30-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the info. I figured the K5ii won't max out those speeds but never hurts have a fast card. I was just concerned about possible compatibility issues since the U3 cards were made after the K5ii came out.

QuoteOriginally posted by zbrueningsen Quote
The K5II won't get near to maxing out those cards. However, I noticed a huge consistency boost when I switched to the Sandisk Extremes. A much better card in build quality too.
When you say consistency do you mean much more consistent speeds when the camera is writing to the card?

12-01-2015, 06:02 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had varying speeds that would be all over from my other cards. At times they would write quick and sometimes like they were class 2. The SanDisk Extreme - always much faster. That is what I meant. I was a long time hold out from the SanDisk Extreme, but I will never go back.
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Figured I couldn't go wrong with Sandisk Extreme, especially since the new Extreme Plus was on a huge sale over the weekend.