Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #1

Pentax K5 Issues. No Video, or flash

Hey everyone, I am having some issues where my pop-up flash is not popping up at all, regardless of the setting, or level of light in the room. As well, my Dial will not let me select the Video mode anymore (as referenced in my previous post). I am wondering if anyone had these issues and resolved them, or can recommend a place to get repairs specifically for this problem. When i contacted Pentax, since I am just out of Warranty, they wanted something like $300 for the repairs.

Worst part is the camera is in practically new condition, with hardly any shots on it at all...

12-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mayday295 Quote
Hey everyone, I am having some issues where my pop-up flash is not popping up at all, regardless of the setting, or level of light in the room. As well, my Dial will not let me select the Video mode anymore (as referenced in my previous post). I am wondering if anyone had these issues and resolved them, or can recommend a place to get repairs specifically for this problem. When i contacted Pentax, since I am just out of Warranty, they wanted something like $300 for the repairs.

Worst part is the camera is in practically new condition, with hardly any shots on it at all...
The flash will never pop up on its own, since it has a mechanical release button. Only lower-end bodies like the K-r feature electronic pop-up.

It does sound like the mode dial might be broken, however. Do all the other settings work fine?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, all other settings work fine. Thanks for that heads up; I have also popped the flash up manually, and can never get it to fire.