Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I think that's only for cameras. The unsupported lenses on my K-3 & GX7 process just fine.

---------- Post added 06-02-16 at 02:18 PM ----------

I'm a little miffed as I just bought DXO Optics 10 and the filmpack and viewpoint add on items back in January of this year. To upgrade is still $70 and I have only had it 6 months - that's kind of lame.
True. Only the cameras. The downside is the lens profiles are so good that I actually want to buy modern glass so I can get the improvements that DXO offers.

I didn't know 11 was out yet. I paid like $50 for 9, they upgraded me to 10 for free. I got film pack and viewpoint for a bonus deal. Total cost was like $125 for Optics Pro, Viewpoint and Film pack. I guess I'll upgrade to 11 when there is a sale.

---------- Post added 06-02-2016 at 07:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mash4077 Quote
Just been having a look at DXO Optics and it looks and feels easy to use. I looked at a picture that Elements struggled with and DXO looks great. The image is here, full size JPG so no benefit from downsizing. What do you guys think?

Link

---------- Post added 06-02-16 at 12:12 PM ----------

I know what you mean about Prime Noise Reduction, have used that on the above file and sat and watched noise vanish.
Just looked at your image. It really doesn't look bad at all and that's full size, if you down sampled it to 4k (which is what I usually downsample to these days for web display) it would probably be even more usable on a monitor. Obviously maybe your focus depth could have been a bit better (f2.4 on a 50mm) isn't a ton of DOF, but overall the exposure and other details look good to me. I think with working on your on location skills a bit and getting better at post processing RAW (DXO should help with that without much effort) you can save the money switching camera systems and get better glass or just use what you have and eventually upgrade to a newer camera. My hopes are the successor to the K-3 is a leap ahead of the K-5 vs the small step the K-3 was. I don't think we've hit the limits of APS-C, but if we have, well the K-1 is a sweet camera and a great value.

06-02-2016, 10:27 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mash4077 Quote
Just been having a look at DXO Optics and it looks and feels easy to use. I looked at a picture that Elements struggled with and DXO looks great. The image is here, full size JPG so no benefit from downsizing. What do you guys think?

Link

---------- Post added 06-02-16 at 12:12 PM ----------

The image looks pretty good, but I would make it a little brighter and slightly less yellow/orange.

The lower right side of the front bus looks very weird to me, not sure if that is how it actually looked, with the wetness, lighting, and the color, or if it has been noise-reduced or adjusted a bit too much.

Lee