Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-05-2016, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think I got a good deal

Mods, I didn't know if I should put this thread here or in General Photography. Please move if needed.

Last week, as a lot of you know, KEH had a sale on Monday where you could get 10% off of Pentax camera's, 15% off of Pentax lenses and 25% off of everything else Pentax. So I took a look at what they had in stock. They listed a K5IIs for a little over $400 in like new minus condition. Luckily I was able to order it.

I got up Tuesday morning and KEH had sent me another email advertising all digital cameras 15% off. So I called them up and asked about that extra 5% between the email on Monday and Tuesday. Because I had bought the camera the day before, they refunded the 5%, dropping the price to a little over $360.

Let me tell you, like new minus is an under statement. This camera is still so new, the firmware had not been updated from the factory. Not a mark on the led screens or the tripod mount. Just checked the shutter count, 1277. Camera listed 1269 when received and I have only taken 3, so the factory put 5 on in test mode.

Moving up from a K7 to the K5IIs is not much of a difference, maybe 1 or 11/2 steps better , but I already like the higher ISO of the K5IIs. Haven't had much of a chance to use it yet but because it is the same line as my K7, it feels the same in my hands and the controls and buttons are in the same place. I wanted to get a K3 but at $700, it is still a little to much to pay.

Bottom line is, so far, if KEH has it in stock and you don't mind used gear, they are the ones to go to.

07-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good for you! I have had good experiences buying from and selling to KEH. Enjoy your K5II!
07-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

hi there - with more playtime you will learn that the K5iis is a much bigger step up than you think. It is a very fine camera!
07-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
hi there - with more playtime you will learn that the K5iis is a much bigger step up than you think. It is a very fine camera!
Agree with this. The K5 and K7 share near-identical bodies, but that's where the similarity ends! Congrats on a nice deal.

07-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Agree with this. The K5 and K7 share near-identical bodies, but that's where the similarity ends! Congrats on a nice deal.
I go along with paulh comment 100% as I have both cameras.
07-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #6

Awesome, I was in the same boat as you, deciding between the K5iis, K3, and K3ii. I just couldn't pass up an amazing deal on a K5iis. Its hard to justify the difference when it means a few hundred dollars!