QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What body did you use before?
60D / 6D / A7r / K50

09-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GalacticPhoto Quote
60D / 6D / A7r / K50
I just verified that TAv / Green Button metering worked back in the day (K10d per Ricoh) but not on my K-3. The K-50 offered auto ISO in manual so I can't tell you of any way to replicate this given the current implementation of M mode on the flagship bodies.
09-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I just verified that TAv / Green Button metering worked back in the day (K10d per Ricoh) but not on my K-3. The K-50 offered auto ISO in manual so I can't tell you of any way to replicate this given the current implementation of M mode on the flagship bodies.
I had not shot with the K-50 in some time but that's probably what threw me off. That and the fact that's how it SHOULD be and it's how everyone else seems to do it. I don't understand Pentax sometimes.
09-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Automatic control of the exposure would be more valuable to me as I don't like the ISO running around and making the image noisy unless I feel like there's no better option. I guess Pentax could have held the lens stopped down 100% of the time to measure how much ISO makes sense for whatever the camera is facing at the moment. Is that how the K-50 did this?

09-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Automatic control of the exposure would be more valuable to me as I don't like the ISO running around and making the image noisy unless I feel like there's no better option. I guess Pentax could have held the lens stopped down 100% of the time to measure how much ISO makes sense for whatever the camera is facing at the moment. Is that how the K-50 did this?
That's why Auto-ISO is an option, and an option to set Max ISO, so you never exceed what is acceptable for your tastes.

When you half click it's metering at which point if you think you can adjust your speed you can do so, or your aperture. It really makes the most sense in most situations.