Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2016, 03:39 AM   #1
Forum Member

HELP : K-5ii shake reduction is not active in video / movie mode

Hi everyone.
It looks like my trustful Pentax K-5ii lost shake reduction in video / movie mode.
It works perfectly fine in stills modes. I tried it with 55-300mm lens at 300mm and SR does work.
But when I switch to video / movie mode, the shake reduction icon is greyed out irrespectively to the camera settings.
I tried other lenses just in case. No luck.
I also shot videos at 300mm with SR on and off (in the menu) and I could not see any difference.
Please see pictures below.

Can anyone please let me know if your Pentax K5ii cameras behave the same way, i.e. when SR for video mode has been actived in the menu, does it still have a greyed out icon on the LCD ?
If the icon on the LCD should be green, does it mean that my Pentax K-5ii lost SR in video mode ?
If so, it is a huge grief for me as I do not shoot videos with it too often but when I do it means that I really want it.
And I like my K-5ii for its fenomenal dynamic range. And Limited primes as well.
Thank you.

PS firmware version : 1.06.

Attached Images

10-18-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is your camera is set for remote or timer shutter release?
Are you trying this with an unusual lens or adapter - do you need to enable the aperture ring menu item?
10-18-2016, 05:21 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That is right: It looks the remote control shutter release was on. Camera will automatically turn SR off if remote is on.
10-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot you were absolutely right.
I had Drive Mode Remote Control set to on for video mode.
It is very strange as I cannot recall when and what's more important, why I've done it.
Anyway, now my K-5ii is back to normal.
It is a wonderful camera and its sensor is just phenomenal.

---------- Post added 10-19-16 at 08:12 AM ----------

The catch is that Drive Mode Remote Control is set for stills and video independently.