Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Sensor Problem

Hi

I did a photoshoot last night and on processing some of the images today I have noticed that in some images there are a lot of coloured pixels scattered throughout the image. Nothing that could not be cloned out but still in one image there was 20+.

Is this just a case of hot pixels or something similar? I am finding that more and more images are looking a bit softer out of camera than I would expect / have had previously and noise is starting to creep in at lower ISO's. 1600 ISO requires a lot of Noise Reduction in software, 3200 upwards is a forget it.

Thanks

Paul

11-04-2017, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Have you tried doing "Pixel Mapping"? That may help out.
11-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hot pixels are a fact of life, alongside color noise, alongside luminance noise. So thankfully most likely not a defect in this case All can be addressed in post, and hot pixels can easily be mapped out by your raw converter and camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Have you tried doing "Pixel Mapping"? That may help out.
+1 on disconnekt. Try "Pixel Mapping". It's explained on page 273 of your owner's manual.

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-5-2.pdf