Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2019, 01:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K5 features missing in K5IIs.

Hello,
I have recently purchased a K5IIs to complement my K5. I thought that the K5IIs is just like the K5 plus better low light AF performance and better back screen performance under sun light. But to my disappointment the Image Comparison feature of the K5 has been deleted from the K5IIs.
I would like to ask: Is there a list of the features that differ between K5 and K5IIs?
So I can decide which body I will use as my main and which as auxiliary.

02-12-2019, 02:59 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
have you looked at the camera comparison tool ?

Pentax K-5 vs. Pentax K-5 II - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com

or the " in depth review "

of the K 5 - Pentax K-5 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

of the K 5 II - Pentax K-5 II / IIs Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
02-12-2019, 03:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aside from the upgrade of AF, the main selling point of the K-5IIs was the lack of AA filter on the sensor, giving sharper pictures.
02-12-2019, 03:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I have checked all these but they quote only the main differences not the minor differences. I would expect that the K5IIs official manual would reference in the differences from the K5 but alas not. What I am doing now is comparing the manuals page by page side by side to spot the minor differences. It is frustrating and I take the risk to miss some in the details.

---------- Post added 02-12-19 at 12:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Aside from the upgrade of AF, the main selling point of the K-5IIs was the lack of AA filter on the sensor, giving sharper pictures.
Thank you for the reply but the K5 was giving sharp enough images already for me. I have tried to spot a difference in sharpness between K5 and K5IIs but could not find any. On the other hand the improvement in seeing the preview in back screen under sun light is a noticeable improvement. Auto focus in low light is quite better too.

Last edited by Hidrieus; 02-12-2019 at 03:33 AM.
02-12-2019, 03:46 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

good luck, sorry I can't help but I only had a K 5 II not both
02-12-2019, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This is the only feature that was taken out, and it's gone on future models as well. However, you can basically get the same effect by scrolling through photos w/ quick zoom in playback mode. That's probably why they took it out.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-13-2019, 02:43 AM   #7
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This is the only feature that was taken out, and it's gone on future models as well. However, you can basically get the same effect by scrolling through photos w/ quick zoom in playback mode. That's probably why they took it out.
how do you do it that two pictures are shown near by near?

02-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
You can't get two pictures on the same screen- you have to scroll between them.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2019, 01:01 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
I like the Image Comparison feature. You upload two images in the back screen, decide which part from each you are interested in, synchronize them and zoom in to compare the details side by side in the same screen. This can not be so practical by scrolling back and forth with the front wheel from image to image.
03-30-2021, 07:03 PM - 2 Likes   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Hidrieus Quote
I like the Image Comparison feature. You upload two images in the back screen, decide which part from each you are interested in, synchronize them and zoom in to compare the details side by side in the same screen. This can not be so practical by scrolling back and forth with the front wheel from image to image.
Many, such as myself, agree with you. Do not understand why they would cancel such a useful tool. My thoughts of getting a K5 II, IIS, or even a K3 have been put on hold.